Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOT Great way to spend the superbowl

Not watching it but watching this guy 

IMG\_0044.jpg

for 3 hours in a workshop from about 10 feet away.   Very educational and inspirational (I won't be selling all my guitars just yet).   I was inspired because in spite of the amazing talent he has he came off as very down to earth, very genuine and very much interested to share his knowledge. 

Attached Files
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><div class="bbcode_container">
    <div class="bbcode_quote">
    <div class="quote_container">
    <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

Originally Posted by Frets99 <br />
    I held one note through the whole thing and grimaced like I was being taken from behind by a camel.....

</div>
    </div>
    </div> Member MAZI BEE KICK ASS MILITIA<br />
    HCGB #251<br />
    <font size="1">Guitars: F15 Fender Acoustic, F385 Takamine 12 String Acoustic, MIM Fender Strat with BG V60's, MIK Fender Blackout Tele with BG Pure90s, Reverend Manta Ray<br />
    Amps: Mesa TA-15, White Box 1x12 cab, Crate V18 1-12<br />
    Some Pedals<br />
    </font></div>

about 23 years ago i was at a local club watching his brother Phil play(who is also phenomenal). And Tommy was just near us in the crowd. The gig hadn't yet started but i said to my mate 'hey there's Tommy Emmanuel' and he said 'who?' and i said 'he's probably the most talented guitar player in Australia'. So he digested the info, then turned on his heel and went over and shook Tommys hand and told him he thought he was the most talented guitar player in Australia and Tommy said thanks and they had a chat for 5mins. Prick, wish i'd thought of that.

Comment

• w00dsy
      w00dsy commented
      Editing a comment

here's Tommy and Phil together many years ago. 

Working...
X