Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User reviews

Hey guys,

I want to post a review about my Epiphone 339 pro but the HC user review site is a complete mess and hardly usable since it was "upgraded" IMO. Are there any good (rather) independent website you would recommend ?

Thanks

Manny
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font face="Verdana"><font size="1"><font color="slategray">&quot;The blues is the recognition of a tragedy, and the optimism to deal with it&quot; (Fruteland Jackson)<br />
    <br />
    &quot;You may think you're playing your instrument, but what you're really playing is the audience&quot; (anonymous)</font></font></font></div>

Not Musician's Friend. Those guys censor bad reviews.

Amazon is the only one I know of that is widely used and also allows negative reviews to be posted without interference.
    Guitars:
    -Fender Wayne's World 2 Stratocaster w/Fat '50s pickups
    -Fender Blacktop Jaguar HH
    Amps:
    -Fender Champion 110 w/Lil' Buddy
    -Fender Princeton 112 Plus w/Red White and Blues
    -Crate Palomino V8
    Effects:
    -Way Huge Swollen Pickle Jumbo Fuzz
    -Pro Co You Dirty Rat Distortion
    -MXR Carbon Copy Delay

Comment

You could post it here
      <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><br />
      <b><u>My Gear</u></b><br />
      Schecter Corsair<br />
      TelePartsCaster x3 <br />
      Dano Convertible<br />
      <br />
      Taylor 114<br />
      Gretsch Americana<br />
      <br />
      Vox Pathfinder 15R <br />
      Vox VT15<br />
      Fender SCXD<br />
      Yamaha THR5<br />
      <br />
      <b><u>For Sale:</u></b><br />
      <a href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2974008-Seagull-acoustic-Gibson-electric-and-3-Duncan-pickups" target="_blank">Duncan Pickups</a><br />
      <br />
      <a href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2959286-BG-Pups-Tele-Rockwind-set" target="_blank">BG Pups Tele Set</a><br />
      <br />
      <b><u>Looking For:</u></b><br />
      Vox AC4C1 amp<br />
      Gibson 70s tribute minihum pickup(s)<br />
      </font></div>

Comment

I would like a review. I have been looking at those or a Dot deluxe.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne2
          View Post

Not Musician's Friend. Those guys censor bad reviews.

Truth. I posted a completely honest review about a terrible product, and they did not post the review. It was the only review for that product, and it did not include any profanity or otherwise unprofessional language. It would likely have deterred potential buyers, however, so the review did not stand on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Meowy
          View Post

You could post it here

This works. I occasionally get PMs from people asking questions about gear I've mentioned months ago. People can (and will) search the forum for reviews. We also appreciate video demos
          <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Guitars:</b> 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)<br><br><br><br><b>Pedal Chain:</b> BBE Green Screamer -&gt; MXR Distortion III -&gt; Boss CE-5 -&gt; EH Stereo Pulsar -&gt; Boss DD-20 -&gt; BBE Boosta Grande<br><br><br><br><b>Amps:</b> Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://soundcloud.com/andrewalderman">SoundCloud</a></div>

Comment

View Post

You could post it here

+1

When I google search an item , it will often lead me back to the HC forums.
            <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">Good dealings with ~dcindc x2~alleytrash~ashasha~jjegg~Yavin</font></div>

Comment

Ultimate Guitar still lets you post whatever.

Comment

The HC reviews used to be top dog. Almost every piece of current gear, proper review structure... but the upgrade (almost a decade ago now!) just ****************ed it completely.
                <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Zazas Zazas Nasatanada Zazas</b><br />
                <br />
                <font size="1">Good transactions:<br />
                StevePage (b)<br />
                Deadeye Dom (s)<br />
                Maiden_Fan (s)<br />
                metareal (s)<br />
                YourGuitarHero (b)<br />
                Ratae Coritanorum (b)<br />
                ¤ Matt ¤ (s)</font></div>

Comment

• koti123
                  koti123 commented
                  Editing a comment

satannica wrote:
                  The HC reviews used to be top dog. Almost every piece of current gear, proper review structure... but the upgrade (almost a decade ago now!) just **bleep** it completely.

yes sir. I spent a lot of time there always before buying any gear. shame it gone.

View Post

You could post it here

Dunnit. Cheers man
                <div class="signaturecontainer"><font face="Verdana"><font size="1"><font color="slategray">&quot;The blues is the recognition of a tragedy, and the optimism to deal with it&quot; (Fruteland Jackson)<br />
                <br />
                &quot;You may think you're playing your instrument, but what you're really playing is the audience&quot; (anonymous)</font></font></font></div>

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by satannica
                  View Post

The HC reviews used to be top dog. Almost every piece of current gear, proper review structure... but the upgrade (almost a decade ago now!) just ****************ed it completely.

Word!

Comment

You can still post reviews. I posted a few the other day. You need to log in to HC which is a different site than here. It's still easy to post a review.

They approved my reviews really fast. Because I am so respected.
                    **This space for rent. Inquire at office.**

Comment

• hiero
                      hiero commented
                      Editing a comment

...what site is it then you have to go to??

I posted loadsa gear reviews in the old system and thoroughly valued being able to research other user's views and check-out new gear... I complained at the time of the changeover then got booted off!  - Charming!!

• Salvatore
                      Salvatore commented
                      Editing a comment

I'm also extremaly respected as an insane satanist with psychotic waves of weirdness

I just registered to check the forum out out of curiocity from you're post,

is there a comparible user review forum there ?

• Salvatore
                      Salvatore commented
                      Editing a comment

Oeps, my first post already failed, quoting did not work,

and I could vind no way to edit..

Anyway, Virgman said ......

You can still post reviews. I posted a few the other day. You need to log in to HC which is a different site than here. It's still easy to post a review.

They approved my reviews really fast. Because I am so respected.

Working...
                  X