what was the first amp you ever bought, and your last amp

Mad Tele

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

First amp when my parents were footing the bill - Gorilla 10 watt practice amp

First amp with my own money - Fender Pro Junior

Last amp I bought - Traded a guitar for a Peavey Mini Collosal JSX.  Recently replaced the preamp tube in it to  a 5963 (close to a 12AU7in sound) tube to give the amp a lot more headroom.  

The only amp I regret parting with is the Fender Pro Junior.  In fact, I'd say that is the only piece of music equipment I sold or traded that I wish I still had.  The Peavey isn't a bad small tube amp, but the Fender was better.

• Members

My very first amp was an unknown model Epiphone. I think it was 5 watts. Hated it, but it took dirt pedals pretty well.

My most recent amp is a Blackstar HT-5, which is now three years old, and I'm still in love with it.

My next amp will be an Orange of some flavor. I'm vacillating between a Micro Terror, a TT, a Jim Root #4 Terror, an OR15, or maybe even a used AD15/12.

• Members

and yes, I had to build it myself.  In fact that was when i learned to solder.

Heathkit Combo

I missed the part about the last amp.  It's a Blackstar HT-Stage-100, the head only.  It's sitting on top of a Peavey Windsor cab and I also have that head as well.

Blackstar

• Members

Yes awesome! My first amp was also a ill Gorilla, the 10 watter I believe, with no OD so I got my first OD pedal for my bday..a boss ds1 back in the late 90s I was about 13. My last amp, and currently, a peavey valve king 1x12 50 watt combo that I reloaded wit a Celestion vintage 30. And if I had the money today...a Badcat Lynx...but I'll probably change my mind tomorrow.

• Members

3 months after I bot my first electric....Peavey Rage 158! I was stoked. Really made my strat come to life.

Last one was a Mustang II. Play it daily. Great practice amp.

In between were many tube amps(ampwhore) and a suprisingly awesome SS amp, a Lab Series L7 (actually more an L5 since it's in a 2x12.) Sounds like a twin.

• Members

My first was actually bought by my Dad. It was a Silvertone 1484. My second was a Kustom A200A-4. I saved money for a year and a half to get that one. Cost about $700 if I remember correctly and to this date is still the most expensive one I have bought. Then, a couple of years ago, I bought a Mustang II. Don't hardly ever use it though. Last summer I got a Kustom III Lead which was originally a combo, but I only got the amp and made a 2-12 cab and a case for the head. So it is now a piggy back. Still have all of them.

Archived