Strat body widths decyphering..

lndianScout

• Members

is there any rhyme or reasoning behind Fenders design and use of different Strat bodies, some are 1/5" thick while others are 1.75 and thicker.

and weights can go from 5lbs to 8.5lbs..

was there ever a norma set that certain deminsions would be used for different models or price points, I notice my mim seem to be thicker and much heavier than my American, but yet my squier is only 6lbs and skinny..

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GreatDane wrote:

Hey, aren't you that forumite who ripped a bunch of people off on this and other forums selling/trading gear? Or is that a different "indianscout"?

Yeah, I remembered there was some history here and now that you mention it, yes, I remember some members having bad deals warnings listed in their sigs... 

Oh, and no idea about the strat thickness variance - consistency sure would make aftermarket trems and blocks easier to spec.

• Members

I missed the part where IndianScout got *completely cleared* of any wrongdoing. Can someone link me to it? I do remember a lot of good forumites getting jerked around, deceived and ripped off by him though. Its all pretty well-documented in the posts associated with him. IIRC, he even got banned.

Archived