Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strat body widths decyphering..

is there any rhyme or reasoning behind Fenders design and use of different Strat bodies, some are 1/5" thick while others are 1.75 and thicker.

and weights can go from 5lbs to 8.5lbs..

was there ever a norma set that certain deminsions would be used for different models or price points, I notice my mim seem to be thicker and much heavier than my American, but yet my squier is only 6lbs and skinny..

Hey, aren't you that forumite who ripped a bunch of people off on this and other forums selling/trading gear? Or is that a different "indianscout"?
    INTERNET stands for: Inter-connected Network of Tools Endlessly Regurgitating Negatively Energized Tantrums

My Guitars | ... but can he play? | Currently a Gold Trader +6

Use extreme caution when attempting to interact or transact with IndianScout.

Comment

• lndianScout
      lndianScout commented
      Editing a comment

this has to do with fender body widths in which way?

please try to stay on topic..

• Preacher
      Preacher commented
      Editing a comment

GreatDane wrote:
      Hey, aren't you that forumite who ripped a bunch of people off on this and other forums selling/trading gear? Or is that a different "indianscout"?

Yeah, I remembered there was some history here and now that you mention it, yes, I remember some members having bad deals warnings listed in their sigs... 

Oh, and no idea about the strat thickness variance - consistency sure would make aftermarket trems and blocks easier to spec.

• jrockbridge
      jrockbridge commented
      Editing a comment

GreatDane wrote:

indian scout

Attached Files

is there any rhyme or reasoning behind Fenders design and use of different Strat bodies

More variety means more reasons for consumers to build a collection.

Comment

• lndianScout
      lndianScout commented
      Editing a comment

I recently purchased an affinity squier and wanted to do a neck upgrade the pocket measurements was all correct but once I got the neck off I noticed how thin it was, so I measured it against my MIM strat..

huge difference..

Its him. Click on his ID and see all the old posts associated with his nonsense.
    INTERNET stands for: Inter-connected Network of Tools Endlessly Regurgitating Negatively Energized Tantrums

Comment

• lndianScout
      lndianScout commented
      Editing a comment

it's not hard to show your face when you were completely cleared of any wrong doing, but then I guess that doesn't matter to a bunch of forum lawyers..

but can we stay on topic please

I missed the part where IndianScout got *completely cleared* of any wrongdoing. Can someone link me to it? I do remember a lot of good forumites getting jerked around, deceived and ripped off by him though. Its all pretty well-documented in the posts associated with him. IIRC, he even got banned.

Comment

• lndianScout
      lndianScout commented
      Editing a comment

if you're looking for a date or something, you're going about it the wrong way, try a little kindess it goes much further..

Working...
X