Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Strat body widths decyphering..

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strat body widths decyphering..

is there any rhyme or reasoning behind Fenders design and use of different Strat bodies, some are 1/5" thick while others are 1.75 and thicker.

and weights can go from 5lbs to 8.5lbs..

was there ever a norma set that certain deminsions would be used for different models or price points, I notice my mim seem to be thicker and much heavier than my American, but yet my squier is only 6lbs and skinny..

Hey, aren't you that forumite who ripped a bunch of people off on this and other forums selling/trading gear? Or is that a different "indianscout"?
    INTERNET stands for: Inter-connected Network of Tools Endlessly Regurgitating Negatively Energized Tantrums

My Guitars | ... but can he play? | Currently a Gold Trader +6

Use extreme caution when attempting to interact or transact with IndianScout.

Comment

• lndianScout
      lndianScout commented
      Editing a comment

this has to do with fender body widths in which way?

please try to stay on topic..

• Preacher
      Preacher commented
      Editing a comment

GreatDane wrote:
      Hey, aren't you that forumite who ripped a bunch of people off on this and other forums selling/trading gear? Or is that a different "indianscout"?

Yeah, I remembered there was some history here and now that you mention it, yes, I remember some members having bad deals warnings listed in their sigs... 

Oh, and no idea about the strat thickness variance - consistency sure would make aftermarket trems and blocks easier to spec.

• jrockbridge
      jrockbridge commented
      Editing a comment

GreatDane wrote:

indian scout

Attached Files

is there any rhyme or reasoning behind Fenders design and use of different Strat bodies

More variety means more reasons for consumers to build a collection.

Comment

• lndianScout
      lndianScout commented
      Editing a comment

I recently purchased an affinity squier and wanted to do a neck upgrade the pocket measurements was all correct but once I got the neck off I noticed how thin it was, so I measured it against my MIM strat..

huge difference..

Its him. Click on his ID and see all the old posts associated with his nonsense.
    INTERNET stands for: Inter-connected Network of Tools Endlessly Regurgitating Negatively Energized Tantrums

Comment

• lndianScout
      lndianScout commented
      Editing a comment

it's not hard to show your face when you were completely cleared of any wrong doing, but then I guess that doesn't matter to a bunch of forum lawyers..

but can we stay on topic please

I missed the part where IndianScout got *completely cleared* of any wrongdoing. Can someone link me to it? I do remember a lot of good forumites getting jerked around, deceived and ripped off by him though. Its all pretty well-documented in the posts associated with him. IIRC, he even got banned.

Comment

• lndianScout
      lndianScout commented
      Editing a comment

if you're looking for a date or something, you're going about it the wrong way, try a little kindess it goes much further..

Working...
X