WEB STRING users beware! got three packs a defective strings

mad axe man

• Members

I ordered 12 packs of memphis light electrics and so far 3 of these packs are defective!:(

I got the the fourth pack and finally they were OK the first 3 packs all had problems!(badly buzzing D strings and bad harmonic waver when trying to tune them)

I will be switching back to a brand name after these are used up:(

anyone else have a probs with these?

• Members

Originally posted by BrokenRomeo

I'm sure they will exchange them for you.

For sure. I have only had one issue in the past few years of using them. One pack was missing a string. I sent and email and had a replacement pack in my mail box in 48 hrs.

• Members

I had a whole case of ghs boomer that were bad- loose ball ends and {censored}ty quality control. They sent me a free case to make up for it though. Of course they were just as bad. Boomers used to be the {censored} for bass and guitar- now they are just {censored}.

• Members

I've seen some that have kind of a sloppy wind on the ball end, but never any thing your'e talking about.

I don't really see how one string could buzz more or vibrate different from another of the same size. Sounds like a setup issue to me.

• Members

Originally posted by oggy

I've seen some that have kind of a sloppy wind on the ball end, but never any thing your'e talking about.

I don't really see how one string could buzz more or vibrate different from another of the same size. Sounds like a setup issue to me.

if it is a set up issue then why did it go away on the 4th pack:confused:

I have had d'addario's with the same problem where the D string has buzz all along the neck, these are the same

and plus when you hit a harmonic at the 12th fret on the low E A and D there was a huge warble to the harmonic that is no longer there on this 4th pack?

• Members

Maybe it has somthing to do with the way you strung it? I don't know. I just can't see how one string could be so different from another. I mean they are so simple, it's just a metal string that vibrates. What difference could there possibly be between two strings that makes one buzz and the other not?

• Members

Originally posted by oggy

Maybe it has somthing to do with the way you strung it? I don't know. I just can't see how one string could be so different from another. I mean they are so simple, it's just a metal string that vibrates. What difference could there possibly be between two strings that makes one buzz and the other not?

I know i am bummed out because these were such a great deal!

i got 12 packs for $31.20 shipped!

oh well i guess i will go back to a brand name or MAYBE if the rest of the dozen i ordered are OK i will stick with em

I wold not have minded IF it were just ONE BAD PACK but three out of 12 is starting to get out of hand:(

• Members

You do know that webstrings are made by the same people who make brand name strings? They are the same strings in different packages. I'm sure they all put out defective ones every now and then. I have been using Webstrings for several years, and have very few problems with them.

• Members

I've been using them for years as well. I had a case where the post office put my strings in the wrong mail box. I called Webstrings to verify they had been delivered. Hell Wayne called me on a Sunday night to tell me they would ship a new order to me. The post office found them and delivered them correctly. I would call Wayne and tell him about your stiuation. Personally, I doubt its the strings, but I bet he makes it right!

• Members

I had the exact same probelm about 4 or 5 or 6 years ago. I bought 10 or 12 sets, put the first set on and the D string buzzed like crazy. I think at least half of the S strings I had did the same thing. I contacted the guy, he was aware of the problem (bad batch of strings, happens to them all) and promptly sent me a bunch of new D strings. I suggest you contact them and I'll bet they'll bend over backwards to make it right.

• Members

I just sent mine back.

I strung up my acoustic and broke 2 strings trying to stretch.

No, I didnt over stretch them. I just gave a light tug like I normally do.

Never again.

Why would name brand manufacturers let someone else sell their product under another name?

Could Webstrings be getting defects?

• Members

Originally posted by FckStick Jones

Why would name brand manufacturers let someone else sell their product under another name?

rebranding is everywhere..hell, you prb have a number of rebranded products in your medicine cabinet.

• Members

Originally posted by k4df4l

rebranding is everywhere..hell, you prb have a number of rebranded products in your medicine cabinet.

Just Strings bulk strings are made by a major manufacturer too.

• Members

You have it backwards. The manufacturers let the name brands sell their strings under another name.

• Members

Is there any true evidence that these are the same as D'Addarios or EB's???

For instance I bought a set of those Musicyo strings because I had heard the "they're all made by the same manufacturer" argument before......wrong....they were junk.

• Members

Originally posted by sniper1

Contact them about your problem,they'll set it right.kind of quick with the buyer beware crap aren't you?Did you contact them befor posting your gripe?

Doubtful.....Wayne is one of the best guys around. He'll make it right even if its not his fault!

• Members

I've used them for years and have never had a problem. Nothing is 100%, so there are bound to be a few bad apples shipped out like with any product. Just get in contact with them instead of bitching. They will most certainly replace them without hesitation.

Archived