Dave Navarro - worthy of Hall of Fame.

Floyd Rosenbomb

• Members

In my opinion Ritual is one of the greatest albums ever made.

Navarro is a fantasitcally original guitarist who's musical contribution far exceeds any limitations he may have with technique. 

And the newer Jane's album is excellent as well.  Sure it's not the Jane's of the glory years...but even a Jane's at 80% is still better than most bands on their best day. 

• Members

I never really saw anything extra-ordinary about Dave's work; it always seemed that his guitar is drowning in effects.  That being said, I do own a Navarro SE (& it's the only sig guitar in my collection):

NavarroSE

[edit]  He seems like a nice enough guy, but his overly-tatted, shirtless, Goat-Boy look just screams douche to me.

• Members

I think DN's guitar work on Ritual is fantastic in every way. I also think that's one of the best rock albums ever made. He was certainly a big inspiration and influence on me as a younger guitarist.

His output since Jane's has been pretty hit and miss though. I can't believe how young he was when he did all the Jane's stuff too, I think he was about 18 when the majority of it was written. I guess he peaked early.

Archived