'77 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Question!

skipstar59

• Members

I found a '77 LPD at a pawnshop. It's been naturally relic'd for sure. Here's the dilemma. It's got a head stock break that's been repaired. It's also missing part of the neck binding (1 1/2") on treble top side of the guitar,and

a tuning head cap on the G string. It's in used condition, and needs work for sure. The neck is like a nice thin 60's neck and feels awesome. What would the approximate value of this guitar be. By the way, all the electronics work,but I can't tell if the neck is warped,because there are no strings on it. The bridge and tailpiece are in the battered original case. Thanks in advance.

2013-02-05\_16-38-40\_509.jpg2013-02-05\_16-38-57\_816.jpg2013-02-05\_16-39-48\_350.jpg2013-02-05\_16-44-13\_669.jpg2013-02-05\_16-39-22\_216.jpg

• Members

bjcarl wrote:

Headstock break=worth parts

I'm not wholly against buying a guitar with a repaired headstock break (mostly, but not wholly). That, however, is not one of the better repairs I've seen. I think others may be on the money as far as its value, but if you're wanting that as a player, I think that headstock break spells trouble. Makes me think there may be a reason there are no strings on it.

Pass unless you plan to part it out or hang it on the wall in your man cave.

• Members

Well I called several profession guitar repair guys I know and sent them a ton of neck photos. They all said that they've seen an repaired WAY worse than this. They all said they'd spend at least $900-1000 for it cause they'd never plan to sell the guitar anyway. I don't ever plan on selling it, so I took the plunge. Here's some pics fo the guitar.The guitar and the case are beat to hell and ooze mojo. The most awesome part of the guitar I love is the slender velvety smooth neck on this baby. One of the best necks I've EVER put my hands on. Can't wait to get her fixed up and playing.:smileyhappy:

2013-02-07\_11-46-00\_809.jpg2013-02-07\_11-46-31\_441.jpg2013-02-07\_11-47-01\_338.jpg

• Members

happy new old broken and repaired guitar day. I got a fairly well used LP not long ago and i love it for it's character. It's almost like taking in a dog from the pound, it's had a rough past but it'll see plenty of love from now on. 

Archived