Floyd Rose bridge blocks

Branden

• Members

Ok guys. So I have this bad ass idea. I want to replace the stock block from my Schaller Floyd Rose with either a tungsten, brass, or titanium one. I would like to get your input on the differences between the three. What are the tonal and performance characteristic differences between the three? Also what is the density and weight differences? Also, a heavier block should make a Floyd Rose flutter better, right? My Schaller already flutters very well, but if I could make it flutter even better that would be sick. Share your experiences and knowledge!

• Members

Branden wrote:

Ok guys. So I have this bad ass idea. I want to replace the stock block from my Schaller Floyd Rose with either a tungsten, brass, or titanium one. I would like to get your input on the differences between the three. What are the tonal and performance characteristic differences between the three? Also what is the density and weight differences? Also, a heavier block should make a Floyd Rose flutter better, right? My Schaller already flutters very well, but if I could make it flutter even better that would be sick. Share your experiences and knowledge!

While I'm normally one that things that every little bit of a guitar contributes to the tone somewhat... Lock blocks... No. They're not a part that vibrates in any way. If you want something more durable that you'd have to replace less often go with the titanium blocks.

If you have a Schaller-made licensed Floyd (the thicker one with the knife-edge inserts) your money would be better spent replacing the entire bridge. I'm a fan of the Floyd Rose Special packages. They'd drop right onto the posts for a Schaller Floyd. You would just have to do a really good setup.

I ordered one from here and it's a pretty sweet bridge.

http://www.musiciansarsenal.com/frspecial.aspx

Archived