VoodooMan Switches

imadoctorjim

• Members

Greetings All,

This is the VoodooMan. I am posting here to let everyone know that I am back in full swing and apologize profusely again, for the lack of communication and late shipments.

I am glad to report that my son is doing just grand now! The doctors removed a growth that was the size of a golfball near his gall bladder about three weeks ago or so and thank God it turned out benign! Week before last he had a relapse and had to have another minor procedure to relieve some fluids that had built up. His color is back and he is eating like a horse! It's hard to keep him still and relaxing during recovery but this is a good sign.

I have been through many things in my 46 years that would have driven allot of people over the edge but this has been the absolute most terrifying thing I have ever experienced. I was out of my mind with anxiety and just couldn't think straight at all. For those of you who have children I know you can imagine what it must have been like and for those who don't there's just no easy way to describe it. He is my only child and if it had turned out in a bad way, someone would have had to weave a basket for me to live in!

Anyway, I am about two weeks behind on shipping. Some of the units have not been built yet and I am working feverishly to get everything put together and shipped. I am a one person operation so things are a bit confused right at this moment. I will try to get the orders out by the date they came in but it might not go that way, close though.

I know some of you are not pleased with me right now but I must tell you that I will choose my son and family over anything else in my life even if it means ruining my reputation, business or financially. I am not out to take advantage of anyone nor speculate in illegal activities so if you can be patient a little longer we all can come out with something positive here.

Sincerely

James "VoodooMan" Britt

• Members

I'm completely unfamiliar with whatever went on, so take what I say with a grain of salt. I am a father, an fully understand the anxiety involved.

One of the problems with big, fancy Flash-based websites is it's hard to just tack on a quick message to your customers on the website.

A good thought may be to close your webstore until you catch up (again, not always easy with some much integrated in Flash). And then just take an afternoon, catalog you work log and contact everyone and let them now the exact status of their shipment. Don't give an ETA, because if you run late, it may fan the flames some. Just let them know their place in line and that you haven't forgotten them. You may also give them the option of a refund.

A even better setup I've seen was to use a HTML table as a spreadsheet that lists everyone's order in...well...order. and have a section for status -- payment received, in progress, shipped (with date and tracking number). Just use anonymous order numbers for people, hide the page on your domain and send your customers an email with their order number and a link to the spreadsheet so they can keep track of exactly where you are in the the list. Yes, this will take a couple of hours to setup, but it will put an end to constant questions of progress.

Here's an example. I watched as Lloyd worked his way down to my order (060113, a octal-based driver board for my Dynaco ST70), when it was in progress and that it is currently coming to me via air mail from Canada.

http://hollowstate.netfirms.com/queue.htm

• 8 months later...
  • Members

funny i came across this here of all places. this guy is a SCAM ARTIST and it is well documented online. do NOT order from him. he will take your money, never respond to your order inquiries and you have little chance to get your product. even after numerous emails and inquiries from my bank.

just a friendly heads-up to fellow forum members.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I should have investigated a bit before I ordered the double switch for my Marshall DSL50 on 1/27/09. I've received no order confirmation or return of my Email inquiry.

Anybody have a recent transaction with VOODOOMAN and received the goods???

• Members

funny i came across this here of all places. this guy is a SCAM ARTIST and it is well documented online. do NOT order from him. he will take your money, never respond to your order inquiries and you have little chance to get your product. even after numerous emails and inquiries from my bank.

just a friendly heads-up to fellow forum members.

I ordered a switch from him about a year ago. I did not get any confirmation and it did take a little longer than I expected but I did get my switch.

Max

• 5 months later...
  • Members

They took my money (Paypal) for two switches plus shipping and sent me nothing. I logged complaint with Paypal. They agreed with me but couldn't get my money back.

I am less than impressed!

• Members

Huh. Didn't know there were any issues. Glad to hear you son is doing OK.

I ordered a switch for a Carvin X100B from Voodooman about a year ago (hard to find the switch for these, as they use a bizarre XLR jack). Switch came in about 10 days and works great. I have no complaints about my dealings with VooDooMan at all, and I really like the switch I bought.

• 3 years later...
  • Members

manegurru wrote:

Hello, Where is my Groove tubes switcher? I do the payment 2 years ago, and at this day, you never send nothing. Bad!

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Since this thread is over 3 years old, I doubt you'll have any luck getting a response.  Thanks for playing!:womanembarrassed:

Archived