Duesenberg Dragster

Body Type:solidbody, mahogany
    Top:flat
    Size:42 x 32.5 x 4.5 cm / 16.5" x 12.6" x 1.77"
    Binding:cream
    Pickguard:black
    Finish:PUR lacquer
    Neck Wood:1-piece mahogany
    Width:42,5 mm / 1.67" (nut), 52 mm / 2.05" (12th fret)
    Thickness:21 mm / 0.8" (1st fret), 24 mm / 0.95" (12th fret)
    Shape:D
    Fingerboard:indian rosewood
    Radius:30,5 mm / 12"
    Inlays:pearloid dots
    Frets:22 jumbo 2,8 x 1,0 mm
    Scale length:650 mm / 25.6"
    Trussrod:steel dual-action
    Headstock:

rosewood veneer

Attached Files
    INTERNET stands for: Inter-connected Network of Tools Endlessly Regurgitating Negatively Energized Tantrums

My Guitars | ... but can he play? | Currently a Gold Trader +6

Use extreme caution when attempting to interact or transact with IndianScout.

Hideous.
    But you couldn't last a lifetime.

Comment

• billybilly
      billybilly commented
      Editing a comment

LOLRECONLOL wrote:
      Hideous.

Really?  While I get you might not like it, an adjective such as "hideous" really fails to describe that guitar in any way.

Anything and everything Duesenberg makes is hot. The price is a major ass-raping, though.

Comment

• BydoEmpire
      BydoEmpire commented
      Editing a comment

Not something I'd buy, but still pretty hot.  Neck pickup would be even better.

Hot, but I can't figure out why a guitar with one pickup needs a pickup selector switch.

Comment

• GreatDane
      GreatDane commented
      Editing a comment

PurpleTrails wrote:

Hot, but I can't figure out why a guitar with one pickup needs a pickup selector switch.

according to the website, it's a unique coil tap.  here's what another site has to say about it (seems intriguing):

"Speaking of tone, Duesenberg crafts all of their own pickups and the P-90 they've put in the Dragster is fantastic. Having the ability to be multi-tapped, this single pickup in conjunction with a 3 way switch can give you everything from jangley, single coil tones to super beefy tones Les Paul Jr oomph that you'll swear might pass for a humbucker."

• Jkater
      Jkater commented
      Editing a comment

PurpleTrails wrote:

Lol. And a p-90 at that.

EDIT: I just saw GreatDane answered that question.

Hot...but would be hotter with a neck pickup...

Comment

• GreatDane
      GreatDane commented
      Editing a comment

jelloman wrote:

Hot...but would be hotter with a neck pickup...

jello!

i agree.  i love the tones i get out of neck pickups in general.  if i had to have a one-pickup guitar, i'd want that one pickup in the neck position.

That's just crazy talk.

Comment

• Flatspotter
      Flatspotter commented
      Editing a comment
      Needs another pickup. And why put a rosewood veneer on the headstock and then paint it black?

Don't let price cloud your decision. If you think it's hot (or not), then that's all that matters.
    INTERNET stands for: Inter-connected Network of Tools Endlessly Regurgitating Negatively Energized Tantrums

My Guitars | ... but can he play? | Currently a Gold Trader +6

Use extreme caution when attempting to interact or transact with IndianScout.

Comment

• Flintc
      Flintc commented
      Editing a comment

I recently got the chance to noodle on a Duesenberg Fullerton Hollow, which is kind of like the ES-330 -- slim fully hollow, P90 pickups. The sound was very nice, kind of chimey and the tone control gave a really nice range of sounds, between the two pickups.

The price, though, was absurd. Aren't these made in Korea? This one had an asking price of nearly $3300, and really, what are you getting for all that money?

Hot, but my favorite Duesenberg is the Double Cat.

Comment

Working...
    X