Blues Jr Orange Tiny Terror and a Roland Cube 40Xl

Frets99

What are 3 of the most fun amps to own!!

My favorite all time amp would be a Deluxe Reverb but these three amps are too much fun. The Blues Jr gives me lots of clean headroom and gets sweetly and edgingly bluesy. The Orange TT is just the classic rock tones when I want teh "thirty" channel and the Roland is just a swiss army knife of terrific tones and a built in looper!!

All guitars sound good with all three.

Favorite Combos: Fender Blues Jr and either the Ibanez AFS75TD or the Fender Modern Player tele. All stock!

Orange TT and the Gibson Special LP (P90s)

Roland Cube 40XL and the Fender MIJ fotoflame.

Carry on or cry about it!! Makes no difference to me. I have mod powers that give me impeccable toan taste....

• Members

All great little amps!

What cab are you using with the TT?

I've had an Orange fixation for quite a while, ever since I played thru a little Pix when I bought my 5120. That guitar has never sounded as good at home thu the Mustang 1 as it did in the store thru the little SS Orange. Sometimes I think I should have bought the little amp instead of the guitar.

Also wish I'd bought a Cube instead of the Mustang. The Mustang has great Fender cleans but is a pain in the butt to dial in when you take it to a different room. Cubes have less options but have tone knobs. I'm a simple luddite, I like knobs.

My friend plays a Taylor T5 thru a Cube and an AC, awesome setup right there.

• Members

I havnt played out much on electric guitar in 15-20 yrs, so my amp situation is kinda neglected.

Heres what I've got to work with:

Peavey Artist 240. A real workhorse. Had it since the early 80s, picked up used. 12" Black Widow.  2 SS preamps and 4 6L6 power tubes. Its loud and heavy. Compact and easy to transport tho. Its got some noise in the pots and the footswitch dosnt work anymore.  Hasnt been used very much in the last 10-15 yrs.

Peavey

Crate Vintage Club 2110. Got this new in 1994 or 95. Its been my main little amp ever since. Its starting to not sound as good as it should. Prob needs some tubes.

crate

Got this a couple yrs ago, its what I play at home

Mustang

I got this in a trade 20+ yrs ago and never did anything with it. I recently hauled it out of the closet. Its in the shop for tubes and caps. I'm gonna build a 1-15 cab and install a Weber California 15.

bassman

Pine Apple Slim wrote:

All great little amps!

What cab are you using with the TT?

I've had an Orange fixation for quite a while, ever since I played thru a little Pix when I bought my 5120. That guitar has never sounded as good at home thu the Mustang 1 as it did in the store thru the little SS Orange. Sometimes I think I should have bought the little amp instead of the guitar.

Also wish I'd bought a Cube instead of the Mustang. The Mustang has great Fender cleans but is a pain in the butt to dial in when you take it to a different room. Cubes have less options but have tone knobs. I'm a simple luddite, I like knobs.

My friend plays a Taylor T5 thru a Cube and an AC, awesome setup right there.

I have the TT 20 watt combo with a 12" speaker.

I also have the Mustang I which I use mostly at lessons. I agree. Like any amp, she needs to be dialed in a touch as you go from room to room. It is a tad more cumbersome than the micro cube I have but I like the sound better.

Archived