OT - The Grammys - Who was hot, and who was not?

Kid Klash

• Members
I was impressed by most of the performers - I was floored by the lighting effects for Carrie Underwood's performance of "Two Black Cadillacs"!

The one performance (and artist) that fell flat for me was Frank Ocean... who? I'd never heard of him before last night's show. He looked scared sh!tless during his performance, which IMHO was the lamest performance of the evening. They should have given him the hook...

I enjoyed Bruno Mars, but Jack White looked almost like he was trying to channel Elvis, while not making too much sense musically. 

Fun was, well, fun!

How about you? Who'd you like, and who didn't do it for you?

• Members

kayd_mon wrote:

@humbuckerstrat

You know, I'm guilty of listening to and even enjoying pop radio, but I tend to agree with you. Except that I just don't really dig the Black Keys.

Good, I'm glad I'm not the only one that h8s those awards shows freak.gif Sunday night, I opted to watch Dirty Dancing for the umpteenth time instead of the grammys thumb.gif

• Members

I only watched until mumford and sons played pretty awesome performance though i missed jack white and the balck keys. For me grammy's is the night were {censored}ty music gets awarded most winners don't make total sense but i understand that you win grammy's out of sells not out of talent but oh well. 

Kelly Clarkson winning against Florence and the Machine is complete bull{censored} same goes with Gotye, who sucks donkey balls, winning against M83. I 've seen both Florence and the Machine and M83 live both of those bands are ridiculously good and talented. But either way winning a grammy doesn't actually qualify you as a good musician well lil'wayne has won a couple and his songs are complete {censored}.

• Members

Timberlake will always be an over-hyped zit for me.

I remember a few Grammys ago he sang a duet next to another performer which duly highlighted his relative mediocrity amongst those deserving of those types of accolades.

Nothing grabbed my gnads and it was just one more Awards confirmation that rock is dead.  I took a bit of guilty pleasure with Taylor Swift's opening number.  It's cute catchy pop that is duly served up to the census group that now drives the award shows.

To me it was a relatively low standard.  The gangsta-style of promoting your clan is now prevailing while a bit more subdued than Kanye's rant.  Bonnie Raitt's Grammy received some brief mention with no show of her music.  She was obviously eliminated from the spotlight due to demographic marketing appeal.  At least they did take Take Five to acknowledge a true great. 

But it's definitely more about celebrity than the music.  I just wish they'd all get off my lawn.

Oh, and Johnny Depp's outfit was good for a laugh.  Pirate/Keef/Artist noir. :lol:

Archived