Best strings for my Telecaster

michael5853

• Members

I have a couple Tele's and have been using DR Strings, Tite-Fit LT-9 Lite-n-Tite Nickel Plated, which are good for me but I recently purchased a Tele with a 3-barrel string-thru-body bridge. Intonation is ok but I was wondering if there might be a brand of strings that might be better.  Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Mike

• Members

It really depends what you want - tone-, feel- and lifespan-wise.  What are you looking for?  Brighter tone?  Smoother tone?  Longer life?  Slinkier feel?

Personally, I use Elixer Nanowebs on all my electrics, although they're not great for slide.  I did put a set of Cobalts on my Les Paul a month ago and I liked them a lot, too.  Not enough to swtich, but they were cool and worth of the hype, imho.   I never really prefered specific brands for specific guitars, though I could see some folks doing that.

• Members

if youre looking for improved intonation try 10-52s (light top/bottom heavy) a lot of tele people use this, IIRC Waylon and Don Rich.  I dont like them because I feel you lose some twang on the lower  strings. I use 9-42 EB 

if that doesnt help get some intonated saddles. I like CJ Tooling as they are only $25 and dont look all goofy.

Archived