Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much clean headroom on a Tiny Terror?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much clean headroom on a Tiny Terror?

Like how they seem to sound a little meatier than a Vox, yet still have a nice chime.

I like the simplicity. For the last 10-15 yrs I've mostly played a little 20w USA Vintage Club, which works for me, but it really needs a bigger cab. Right now it needs tubes and prob caps, its not sounding its best.

But I've never had the oportunity to play a TT other than just a bit at GC, not an ideal situation.

I play very little hard rock. Most of my stuff is clean or just a bit of dirt.

How loud can you get before the amp really starts to distort heavily?

I dont  play in a super loud band, but I need enough cleans to hang with a drummer(not a basher).

If it matters, I generally play a Tele, or some kind of med to low output humbucker equiped Epi.

Maybe I should get a Micro Terror first to decide if a TT or OH15 is for me?

I have no direct experience but I've heard they don't have a lot of headroom.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">Guitars:<br><br>G&amp;L Tribute ASAT Classic Bluesboy<br><br>Fender 50th Anniversary Strat, Classic 50s Telecaster, and others.<br><br><br><br>Pedals:<br><br>Pitchblack&g t;EP Booster&gt;Classic 108 Fuzz&gt; SD-1&gt;OCD&gt;Keeley Rat&gt;Hoof&gt;DLS MKiii&gt;Small Stone&gt;TR-2&gt;Flashback&gt;Spring Theory<br><br><br><br>Amp:<br><br>Peavey Delta Blues<br><br></font></div>

Comment

• Frets99
      Frets99 commented
      Editing a comment

WIth the gain at 3/4 depending on the pickups and volume up, the clean can be beautifully chimey with a nice edge, but as soon as the gain starts heading to halfway, you are into overdrive territory, which while sweet is not clean.

I'd ditto what Frets99 said in that much past 4 will definitely OD, but it is a loud amp to begin with.  Contrary to public opinion, the clean side of the TT 12 combo is really wonderful.  No effects loop, but takes pedals really well too.  Edit: I was going to suggest a test drive, but read your original post again and see that you did try one out.

Comment

• xrleroyx
      xrleroyx commented
      Editing a comment
      I use quite a bit of effects, and I usually play clean, or with fuzz. I'm down for some nice amp OD though, and I honestly don't think it'd be that hard to adjust stage volume and gain in between songs that need it.

I recorded my album with a Dr. Z KT-45, which was overkill. No master volume either. The music I play is in my sig, think it's a good match?
Working...
X