Is there any guitar you would say is more comfortable than a strat ??

Dr. Scottie C

• Members

Dr. Scottie C wrote:

Is there any guitar you would say is more comfortable than a strat ??

"strat" meaning Fender Stratocaster specifically, or stratocaster-style?

i personally think the following are more comfortable to me than a Fender stratocaster:

Tyler Studio Elite (the neck on that thing is pure heaven with the rolled edges and chunky profile, and the unfinished area where the picking forearm goes is sensual)

PRS - McCarty, DGT, Modern Eagle, Hollowbody

Malinoski Rodeo

Ibanez Saber or Radius or JS1000

McInturff Taurus

Gibson Les Paul or SG (I'm adding this because I enjoy the 24.75" scale better than the fender scale).

• Members

I'd agree that strat style are probably the most comfortable.   There are variations on the fender strat that are more ergronomic.  Better neck heel joints and contours etc. 

But I also think the differences are a bit over rated between most of the "big" guitars.   I don't find LP's or Teles THAT much more uncomfortable.  and SG's are almost as good as strat style. 

• Members

Parker Fly

However, this is only more comfortable if you don't slouch when you play. If you do, the upper horn on older Parkers might be bothersome. Newer Parkser have a different upper horn but I haven't had a chance to try one.

I think the strat is an excellent design and very hard to beat.

• Members

I've always found offsets pretty comfy, and lately I've been really loving my Gretsch Tennessee Rose for cuddling. Nice and light, and a little smaller than most hollowbodies. Perfect for me. 

They aren't known for it, but Gibby Explorers and BC Rich Mockingbirds are super comfy to play sitting down. At least for me anyways. 

Archived