Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adamas Graphite Pick

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my only gripe about them is that after a few shows or rehearsals they lose their sharp edge.

Yeah, I hate that too. And I thought Ultex was the toughest stuff around. Bet in 5 years they'll have something the same thickness/flex that doesn't wear or break.
    New stuff every day on Gain!

Comment

After many years of ragged/fuzzy pick edges or torn picks I was IMMEDIATELY satisfied when I tried Ultex picks. I can't imagine a better pick material. They flex, they last, and they don't fray.

I prefer the rounded triangle for the larger size (they don't get lost in my hand like teardrops). And as for the corners getting rounded, they do respond well to carpet sharpening technique. What else could you ask for?
      Originally Posted by wedgehed II

Instead of searching for intelligent life in the universe, NASA should send a probe to this thread.

Comment

carpet sharpening technique.

Go on...
        rockin' for life

Originally Posted by GAS Man

Thrash the establishment, strip it down, and let it rip.

Originally Posted by Deadbeat Son

There's no "just a" allowed here. There's no reason to denigrate a great guitar that does the trick for you just because it's less expensive than someone else's.

Good Trades with: boonestunes, smithshred

Nox P

Comment

Go on...

Originally Posted by wedgehed II

Instead of searching for intelligent life in the universe, NASA should send a probe to this thread.

Comment

Woah! ^^^

Mind = blown! I cant believe i never thought of that
            rockin' for life

Originally Posted by GAS Man

Thrash the establishment, strip it down, and let it rip.

Originally Posted by Deadbeat Son

There's no "just a" allowed here. There's no reason to denigrate a great guitar that does the trick for you just because it's less expensive than someone else's.

Good Trades with: boonestunes, smithshred

Nox P

Comment

That's definately on the short list of actually useful tips around here
              Originally Posted by Hopeless

I wouldn't recommend them for metal, but then I also wouldn't recommend playing metal.

Originally Posted by Django Sentenza

When you've founded an entire branch of science dedicated to quantifying taste, get back to me.

Comment

The sharps are great! They're like a magnet for strings. Which is awesome for leads but I eventually realized that pointed picks didn't feel right to me for rhythm. Have you noticed that at all or are you completely used to them?

Yeah, I'm always experimenting with picks. It's cheap and fun.

For me they're doing the trick for rhythm too. I just couldn't be happier with the sharps. I probably wouldn't have tried them if I didn't run across your post way back when, so thanks!

Comment

Ha! Great! We aim to please, so you aim too please!
                  New stuff every day on Gain!

Comment

I also really like the Telefunken 2MM picks which are the replicas of these. I don't think you have to break them in as they are graphite which is very very hard. They also last forever. I've been playing the same pick for a year with not a dent. Difference in graphite is mainly in dynamic range it seems.

89' Fender usa squire strat , Dwarfcraft fuzz , Boss GT , Native instruments, Motu ,Ableton, George LS, Max MSP, Muscle memory.

Comment

• rydubz
                      rydubz commented
                      Editing a comment

I just bought a couple bags of the Adamas and they are different from the telefunken replicas,barely. They have more pop and are louder with less dynamic range. I think I might prefer the telefunken. I guess I didn't remember them quite right. For feel the adamas I like more(notice how Anastasio never loses grip). The telefunken are noticably quiter with less pop. The differences between the two and the 2MM gators are minimal though.

Working...
                  X