I like Alex Lifeson better on a PRS than a Les Paul.

vikingrat

• Members

axegrinder wrote:

I'd attribute Alex's tone on the videos you see to many other factors than the brand of his guitar.

On a side note Geddy sounds best playing through chicken roasters.
;)

HA!  Good ole rotisiere back line!

The last 2 Rush DVDs I bought were Rock in Rio and R30.  Alex's guitar sound was much better with the plethora of brands in the Rio video versus mostly Les Pauls in the R30 video.  I agree with the quoted poster in that is more than likely an overall sound difference between the shows as opposed to the brand of guitar being played.  But, to go with the original poster (not being a Les Paul guitar shape fan) the guitars in the Rio video looked better to me :robotvery-happy:

• Members

what's weird about him on their DVD's, other than the tunes where he used a telecaster and had the gain lower, I couldn't really make up my mind if one guitar was better or worse than the other, or even sounded particularly different from one another...It's like his sound is more the result of his playing + amp/signal path in concert...It all sorta sounds roughly the same, prolly no doubt because all choices use a bridge humbucker except for the telecaster...

Archived