NGD!

GreatDane

• Members

Technically yesterday, but I picked this one up as a little present to myself.  

it's a 2008 PRS Hollowbody II.  The prior owner replaced the stock archtop pickups with 57/08s and added a coil-tap (hence the little mini-toggle near the selector switch).  it's the perfect opposite to my other PRS hollowbody; no bling, no frills, no burst, no piezo.  

by the look of the wood "binding" and the shadow peeping through the thin top, i'll bet this has a killer maple top underneath.  but i'll keep it black.  

the prior owner had this set up with .10s, but I'll put some .11s on it once these start going dull.

it sounds great and plays great and I'm very happy.  enough talk- here's some pics.  hopefully you can dig it!

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

• Members

kit_strong wrote:

Sweet guitar. Although I don't mind a bit of bling (or bird inlays) on a PRS myself.   Although I'm not too crazy about 10 tops (either the looks or the price).  Something tells me that's a real player.

-Kit

i like the bird inlays, as well as 10 tops and what some folks might consider "bling".  that said, this one called to me in part because it was very understated but still very inspirational (IMO).  it plays incredibly well. I'm very pleased.

• Members

Jkater wrote:

Wow. I'd love to try this guitar. Something tells me it would agree with me.. :thumbsup:

You have impeccable taste.

Congrats! 

You would love this guitar, Jkater.  i know it.  I highly recommend you try to hunt one down and try it.  

and don't let the new sticker or dealer prices scare you- "plain" ones like this don't go for very much money at all.  i'm guessing you paid more on that Heritage than you would of on this guitar.

Archived