Need Some Help Pricing My Old Guitars

kayd_mon

• Members

Please forgive the spamminess - I'm not trying to sell these here, as I'm not really interested in shipping something as big and breakable as a guitar.

Here's what I'm putting on the block:

Epiphone SG-400, MIC with GFS Dream 90 pickups.  Excelent cosmetics, etc.  I have it listed for $225 currently, and no one has shown interest.  How low must I go for this one?

IMG\_1204.jpg

Next, Epiphone Les Paul Standard, MIK 1997 at the Fine factory (for the MIK purists).  Duncan 59/JB combo, and the pots, etc. were swapped to USA ones years ago.  Not listed yet, but I'm not sure how much to let it go for.  This one has some sentimental value, but since I've got a couple Gibsons I like better, this stays in the case almost all year.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard.jpg

Last up, an Ibanez RG4EX1 QM.  Got it in a trade a couple weeks ago, and it's been on the block ever since.  Listed for $250, but will be happy with a bit less.  I actually like the sound of the guitar a lot, but I'm selling it primarily to reimburse myself for an incomming NGD (hopefully by Friday, I can post that thread!).

Ibanez RG4EX1 02.jpg

• Members

Well...when I do a search for Epiphone G 400 I see them as low as 249.  Seem to average around 300 to 350. 

Personally if a I could get a new one for that price I wouldn't pay more than 150 for a used one.  And would probably expect more around a hundred bucks.  That's just me though. 

• Members

I would feel comfortable paying

SG-$150-$200 

LP-$250-$300

RG-$200-$250

I was recently trying sell a bass and it just wouldn't move. I was asking almost $200 less than what they are selling for used and nothing for months. If you don't need the cash right away I find trading is where it's at. Good luck with your sales!

• Members

gardo wrote:

That Epi LP looks good.  If I had cash we could talk but too many other things going on right now.

It's too bad that sentimental value can't be translated into dollars.

See this is why Craigslist and the general economy is still in the dumps. Most people don't have the discretionary $$ to buy non-essentials.

It's taken me sometime up to 6 months to sell an item on CL Patience, Persistence and continue relisting...and a reasonable price

Archived