Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kicked off Craigslist twice for Les Paul Goldtop Chinese Copy.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We think that firemaking tools were first used by prehominids in Africa. The Bic Lighter corporation is in a ****************load of trouble.

Comment

• We think that firemaking tools were first used by prehominids in Africa. The Bic Lighter corporation is in a ****************load of trouble.

But they had ****************ty lawyers who never enforced the trademark. They're hosed.
      We're not in Kansas anymore.

Comment

• Sooo... Any pics?

Comment

• Yeah for real, pics or it didn't happen.
          Originally Posted by csm

You get a limited-edition self-relic'ing guitar at no extra cost and you're COMPLAINING?

[Insert religious affiliation political party and or spiritual belief here]

57 Gibson Cg-530, 66 Teisco Mosrite "clone", 78 Rickenbacker something or other, 80's St. Blues, Classic Vibe 60's strat, Fender Blacktop HH strat, Switch Sig Stein, Switch Tele style, Austin SG, Yamaha something, lol.
          Vox Ampeg Peavey Hartke Bogen and Bugera amps, every tube pedal i can find. Muff. Loopers.

Comment

• I can't be bothered to look. It doesn't make any difference to me. If it does to you, then look for yourself.

If it doesn't matter to you, why did you post then? It doesn't matter to me and I doubt very highly it's ever happened. Regards, Steadfastly
            Foul language is the sign of a weak mind trying to express itself forcibly. * Thankfully, my computer program masks all the foul language and changes it to @&%)7#

Comment

• You could maybe put electrical tape over gibson and list it as a Chinese Les Paul style guitar if you still want to sell it?
              Let a buyer play it before they judge it based on where it was made and what it says on the headstock.

I've already put too much money into it now to sell it, at least for the moment.

Cost of Fake = $400, Cost of upgrades = $370

Still thinking of putting on a bone nut, better tail piece and better tuners

Comment

• How did I read this entire thread and there's NOT ONE picture of this guitar?

No picture, no evidence, no arrest.

Comment

• No picture, no evidence, no arrest.

Yes, there is an ENTIRE division of the police force just WAITING for things like this to come up so they can make their arrests. Because trademark infringement is a BIG problem that affects millions!!!
                  Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant!

Creativity is a Work Ethic

Comment

• My this does get heated.
                    If one were to get this guitar, the honorable right thing to do would be to take it down to an engraver and have them do a nice job of engraving the word "counterfeit" under the Gibson name on the headstock.
                    BTW those fake LPs with made in USA can be had over here for $330 or less.....
                    I was kicked out of music class for passing notes...
                    Tuned out, turned in and dropped off

Comment

• its not illegal in the US to sell your personal property provided there is no intent to mislead the buyer. it doesnt matter what logo is on it.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2320

Under that statute, "the term

Comment

• My this does get heated.
                        If one were to get this guitar, the honorable right thing to do would be to take it down to an engraver and have them do a nice job of engraving the word "counterfeit" under the Gibson name on the headstock.
                        BTW those fake LPs with made in USA can be had over here for $330 or less.....

Sorry not honorable...I'm an OUTLAW!

"To live outside the law you must be honest"

Comment

• im pretty sure youd need an expert to determine if it is fake. for all we know its a USA Gibson.

there was a case on the peoples Court recently where a guy bought a chinese 56 goldtop from a pawn shop sold as a usa gibson, the guy lost because he didnt bring an expert to say it was a fake. He said he knew it was fake because his friend who owns a music store looked at it and knew, but he didnt bother to get a statement from the guy so he lost. she said thats all he needed and he would have won, but he was sol. even the store reciept said Gibson USA on it so clearly they were in the wrong.

stuff:
                          52RI Tele
                          Gibson SG 1970s Tribute
                          more stuff:
                          65 Twin Reverb Reissue
                          Cox Tweed Deluxe Ultimate

The REAL Angry

Comment

• I bought one out of curiosity.. I'm keeping it. I changed out the pups and had a pro setup. It's a player and nothing else.Oh, I have 380 bucks invested in it. The pups were free.

Comment

• I bought one out of curiosity.. I'm keeping it. I changed out the pups and had a pro setup. It's a player and nothing else.Oh, I have 380 bucks invested in it. The pups were free.

Join the club.

Should I start a Fake "Gibsun" Les Paul club Thread?

Comment

• Yes, there is an ENTIRE division of the police force just WAITING for things like this to come up so they can make their arrests. Because trademark infringement is a BIG problem that affects millions!!!

SOPA, PIPA, and it's 100 other names agree: the law should be more concerned with the rights of the few than those of the majority.

They'd just be sitting around writing traffic tickets otherwise.
                                Guitars:
                                - Gibson Les Paul Standard '85
                                - Fender MIJ '52 Esquire
                                - 50s Homebuilt Tele
                                - Baritone Tele

Basses:

- Rickenbacker 4001 '64
                                - Gibson Grabber
                                - Gibson G3

Amps:
                                - Marshall 1965B
                                - Peavey 2x10