New $99 dollar guitar day, someone's gotta save this puppy!

billybilly

• Members

I'm flirting around on the local classifieds and found this Ibanez SZ320, which I've been a fan of as they come without the gaudy inlays found in the higher series of this model.  Surprisingly, apart from being very heavily tarnished, the neck is straight and all the components work.  The pots don't scratch too which is very surprising given the state of the guitar.  It's like it was left outside or in the rain.  I mean, it's humid were I live but c'mon.

Regardless, I polished up the top of one knob and it looks like everything will take a little elbow grease other than the tuners, which actually work fine but are just too far gone esthetically and easily replaced.

I have a set of chrome pickups I'll be putting in with new rings (59 and Tone Zone), and really, won't take me more than a day to get it together.  I'll just have to wait for tuners as I'll get them online.  I'll post pictures when I'm done to see the contrast.

IMG\_2430.JPGIMG\_2431.JPGIMG\_2432.JPGIMG\_2439.JPG

Cheers.

• Members

gdsmithtx wrote:

Great score.  The SZ series (I have an SZ520) are extremely good guitars with a few simple upgrades.  The neck on mine is the most comfortable, easy playing neck I've ever held.  Plus the damn things sustain for days.

I really like the necks too, it's what keeps me coming back to them.  

Archived