Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Who here thinks they own the vehicle with the highest miles???

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Who here thinks they own the vehicle with the highest miles???

Who here thinks they own the vehicle with the highest miles???

I need make/year/model and mileage.......

I will start.....

We keep a 1990 Honda Accord around as a 3rd car beater..... it's showing 216,000 as of now...

Your turn...

What's the best way to eat a frog? Put one leg over each ear.<br><br>

1980 Mercedes 240D in 1998 the odometer stopped working with 198,000 plus miles. Probably has 300,000 plus but I can't confirm. :: -- ))
    <div class="signaturecontainer">* Partsocaster - Fender CAR/MIM Body (Pups - GFS Vin AlNiCo Overwound Staggers) / Squier CV '50s Neck<br>* Fender 50th Anniversary Duo Sonic Body (Bridge Pup - No-Name Minihum ; Neck Pup - Squier CV '50s AlNiCo) / Squier Standard JagMaster 24&quot; Neck<br>* Agile 2300 (Pups GFS Retrotron NYII)<br>* Bad Monkey OD<br>* DOD FX 40B 7 Band Equalizer<br>* Fender Champion 600<br>* Laney LG35R</div>

Comment

• BydoEmpire
      BydoEmpire commented
      Editing a comment

My 97 CRV had 210k miles before we finally gave it up last summer.  I'm sure it's not the highest mileage on the boards, but it was a solid, reliable car.

Geez, my wife's Subaru isn't even in the running with 190k.

I have to laugh when I hear people go on about how things were made better in the old days. Maybe some stuff was, but we've forgotten everything that wasn't. Cars used to be utter crap- when I was growing up in the 70s my folks had to buy a new one every 5-6 years since the things would rust through, blow up a transmission, or just plain fall apart. Making it to 100k was an achivement.

Today? The Subaru is 14 years old and is still ticking along- it burns a little oil and is cranky on cold wet mornings, but I fully expect to get another 3-4 years out of it. When I bought my used Hyundai the dealer threw in a 10 year, 100k mile warranty on a four year old car with 62k miles.

It's kind of an HCEG story- we all love reading about the beautiful antiques, then go play with the durable, cheap stuff available today.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Former</b> gold medal winner, &quot;Least Equipment on HCEG Forums&quot;</div>

Comment

Working...
    X