check out the vocals on these guys.

GreatDane

• Members

I think so, it just has an odd thing about it. im not 100% its auto tuned or harmonized. the comments are interesting everyone loves it and some say it blows away the original. Imean its a great arrangement and they have good voices but better than original?  sorry no.

Ilove the louis ck comments lol

• Members

Toto is the bomb ( for an 80s pop band built from ace studio dudes).

I really dug the cover and would have clapped like a loon.

BTW there is an awesome Toto show on Netflix. Luke IS a complete Monster. Simon Philips behind the kit (RIP Jeff) sounds great as does the whole band. Great Steely Dan number in the setlist was a prize!

• Members

Ok, I hear some vocal fx, but - and please forgive my ignorance - how do you autotune a live performance?  Because for instance I watch SNL, where many pop stars like Rihanna perform sound like {censored}, when they sound great autotuned on the radio.  If these dudes can autotune live, then half the popstars these days need to give them a call.

• Members

mistersully wrote:

i loathe pitch correction in any shape or form

are they good singers?.... i wouldn't know

im with you, there is something disingenuous about it. Reading the comments where people are blown away by this performance, saying its the best performance they have ever seen on youtube, its way better than the original, why these guys aren't  famous, X Country loves you guys!  etc; I dunno just seems kind of lame If it is auto tuned and /or auto harmonized.  Its good and all but sorry im not that impressed.  they do have decent voices, why cant they just sing without the processing?  To me that would be 100xs cooler. 

Archived