Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guitar Center Replaces Their Annual Competition?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Center Replaces Their Annual Competition?

I used to look forward to the King of Blues every year. I lose with dignity each year, and I even made it to the store finals last year! Now it's replaced with Blues Masters, which seems like some damn social networking contest. Boo and hiss, Guitar Center.
    Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

yea, I saw that too!

they JUST built a GC here about 5 months ago, so I've never been close enough to one to be in that competition. And it was really the only thing I was looking forward to by having a GC here. 

rockin' for life

Originally Posted by GAS Man

Thrash the establishment, strip it down, and let it rip.

Originally Posted by Deadbeat Son

There's no "just a" allowed here. There's no reason to denigrate a great guitar that does the trick for you just because it's less expensive than someone else's.

Good Trades with: boonestunes, smithshred

Nox P

Comment

• axegrinder
      axegrinder commented
      Editing a comment

what's a social networking contest?

The problem with this format is that most of the entries are going to be auto-tuned, auto-timed, and the guys who win will be kids sweep picking the living **************** out of pentatonic scales with a little less gain than usual.

Comment

Making it an online social networking thing guarantees that a good blues player will never win. Some popular kid with a ton of friends in his college will win. Either that or a hot girl who is decent.

I used to enjoy watching some good players jam out, and these are almost always the type of guys who won't go through the trouble to shoot a video, upload to youtube, and then market themselves to facebook friends. Ultra lame.
      Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

Working...
      X