Refinishing PRS -- Where to get custom decals printed?

dhenry4eight

• Members

I'm currently working on a refinish of a 2011 PRS SE Singlecut. The neck snapped off the guitar, but cleanly, which allowed me to do a neck reset, which was a success. I've played and recorded with it since then-still sounds and plays great. Afterwards, I'm left with ugly battle scars along the heel and neck joint. So I decided to do a total refinish, since a spot touch-up, with my painting skills, would be ugly.

The guitar was finished in Antique White, which I LOVE. I'm redoing that on the top, but leaving it natural on the back, neck, and headstock. In doing this, I will have to remove the serial number from the back of the headstock (btw, it's serial number L12300, making it a 2011 model). I still want the serial number on the guitar, so I reproduced the entirety of the text on the back of the headstock, right down to the accurate fonts (Apparently Excelsior LT in bold makes for a hell of a serial number font when tweaked right).

For example, here is the back of the headstock of a 2008 SE Singlecut Trem, displayed on Elderly:

P><P>And here is the overlay I did on Ph

P><P>Where could I have a decal printed

NOTE: I AM NOT ATTEMPTING TO COUNTERFEIT A GUITAR. THE ONLY REASON I WANT TO REPRODUCE THIS TEXT IS SO IT WILL NOT BE CONFUSED WITH ANOTHER PRS, AND TO PRESERVE THE SERIAL NUMBER, FOR POTENTIAL RESALE.

• Members

I don't know why it wouldn't be ok. I mean, I'm only putting the original serial number (I cannot stress this enough!!) back on after I refinish it, so if I were to sell it, it could be identified as a legitimate PRS SE. It's not like I'm putting a bogus number on one of those Tradetang POS knockoffs.

• Members

I did a mockup of what it is in PSD format @300dpi, and rendered a jpeg here:

http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p526/dhenry1988/Project_PRS_serial_decal.jpg

I need to drop the black background and change to white text to black (as natural finish headstocks, I've found, have black lettering).

And the idea with the Gibby logo on the PRS head is quite a chuckle! I'll photoshop it, haha!

Archived