Mittens recorded three more songs. :D

honeyiscool

• Members

Here's our Soundcloud! The three tracks at the top are the new ones, obviously. These are still demos so we're not really going for perfection, I think we'll take at least another year to learn our way around things.

We also made a video on Saturday. I was trying my new Vox out.

The good news is it sounded great. The bad news is I think my solid states sounded better. But I feel that way any time I play a tubey amp with my band. Hah.

• Members

I watched the video.  That sounded tight.  Well done.  The band is really coming along.  

I have no constructive criticism this time around.  I think you all nailed it. 

I thought the tremolo tones sounded very warm.  I think your SS amp may have a little bit more bite.  Perhaps, you prefer that bite and find the tube amp too polite.  Regardless, both of the Vox amps I've heard sound fine.

I have dual SS amps setup over at my brother's house and I do like that rig.  I've always felt like SS clean is a unique vibe that I can't get from my tube amps.  But, I prefer the crunchy sound of my VAC HS15.    

• Members

Not the kind of music I normally listen to, but it sounded good!  The chord progression reminds me a lot of something... maybe a Beatles song?  

One small critique: the singer doesn't sound very confident with her guitarwork, which kind of throws everything off a little bit since it's so promininent in the song.  For a demo, it's fine.  The bass & drums sound perfect for this type of tune, though.  Very laid back, yet full and not overplaying anything... but not underplaying, either.  I thought your guitar tone was good.  Overall very nicely done, thanks for sharing!

Archived