Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

The darkside calls ... cheap offset guitar purchase contemplated.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The darkside calls ... cheap offset guitar purchase contemplated.

I have not owned a Fender offset and thought I might try one (or two?)

GC has a nice used Classic Player Jaguar. I liked it well enough to consider buying it.

With discounting, MF will sell me a new Squier VM Jaguar and a Jazzmaster plus 2 hard cases for the same money. GC had no Squier VM's and only a P90 Squier Modern Player Jazzmaster to try out so I cannot really compare the Jaguars. The Modern Player had 10's (9's maybe) and the CP had some really heavy strings (at least 12's) so they felt completely different.

Can I assume the CP is 2x the guitar or should I try the Squiers out?  Anyone out there played a VM Jaguar? How does it compare with the Fender Classic Player Jaguar?

Two things set the Jaguar classic player apart from ALL others - 1] the tremolo is mounted closer to the bridge providing more/better string break-angle and 2] better/hotter pickups. If neither of those matter to you then the Squier is one hell of a guitar for $299 NIB.

--------------------------------
    www.VerneAndru.com

Comment

I have the CP Jazzmaster, and it's a great guitar. I'd go for the CP Jaguar over two lesser guitars.
      Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

• slvrsrpnt
        slvrsrpnt commented
        Editing a comment

I think the vintage squier jazzmaster in blonde with the maple board is just amazing looking.  If I were hunting for more guitars, I'd grab one of those!

Try out a J. Mascis Squier Jazzmaster.  Pretty sweet for I think $399 new. 

Comment

Working...
      X