OK Squier Army ........... I WANNA SEE YOUR SQUIERS !!!!!

Dr. Scottie C

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This started life as a Classic Vibe Thinline which I picked up cheap cause I loved the body on it. Currently its under a full transformation, 6 saddle Gotoh bridge, 4 way switch, Seymour Duncans and a solid rosewood neck. Since the picture was taken the wiring is all done, just need to reshape the headstock and its finished :)

41675410150501992626526.jpg

• Members

Is this like an alternate version of the Squier Army thread? :lol:

This is my JV Series Squier. It was my #1 guitar from about 2006 - 2009 and I'd still put it at #3. For about three years, I had it set up as a Gilmour Black strat clone, but I recently put a Fender mint green guard on it so I'd feel like less of a fanboy poseur. It has a Callaham trem with the short arm and the original block saddles. It has Duncan SSL2s and new pots and switch along with the mini toggle that allows for the neck and bridge to be used together. I've had a SSL5 ready to go in the bridge for about a year but just haven't installed it yet. It's currently string up with D'Addario flatwound strings.

DSC_8924a1.jpg

DSC_8895a1.jpg

DSC_8918a1.jpg

And this is my Squier 51. I had three of them back when they were the rage. I bought this one last year from a local forum member, basically just so I'd have a guitar with a bridge HB and a neck SC. It's pretty much stock except for a BG Vintage 60 in the neck, the GFS block saddles and a new nut. It's my cheapest guitar and I was never really a big 51 fanboy, but I've got to admit, there's absolutely nothing wrong with this guitar and it covers an awful lot of ground for a single guitar, esp considering I have less than $200 in it with the upgrades.

DSC_8574a1.jpg

This one is half Squier. The body is from a 1989 Korean Squier and the neck is from a Fender Highway One. I refinished the body with Krylon 'Celery'. Pickups are GFS Premium Alnico Vs.

DSC_6213a1.jpg

Other Squiers or partial Squiers that are gone, but that I still have in my For Sale folder:

Another 1989 Squier all stock except for Fender 57/62 pickups.

DSC_3637a1auto.jpg

My horrifically unattractive Squier Standard. Previous owner did the refinish including 'branding' the body and headstock. I put a Dimarzio Chopper in the bridge and a Duncan STR1 Tele pickup in the neck.

DSC_5098a1.jpg

1994 Korean Bullet. This had a thinner than average (front to back) neck and vintage frets, but a pretty flat radius so it felt pretty unique. It did have a plywood body, but it was lightweight and very resonant. Probably the third or fourth most resonant guitar I've ever owned. I used this as my test bed for new pickups and probably had 5 different sets in it. This was it's last incarnation when it had Rose Buff Beauties. And I'd put a full size trem block in it.

DSC_6646a1.jpg

A Korean Squier Stagemaster, completely stock:

IMG_2942.jpg

• Members

My '99 Squier standard Strat, it has red silver and blue Lace Sensors and tremolo from GFS with a big steel block

2563227960103343010S600x600Q85.jpg

2475141820103343010S600x600Q85.jpg

My '01 Squier Standard Strat started life as a double fat Strat with a black pickguard. It now has a Mighty Mite neck, and a loaded pickguard, tuners, roller string trees, and SS saddles from GFS. The bridge also has a big brass block from http://www.killerguitarcomponents.com/. KGC is the only place that sells upgrade blocks for 2-point Squier Strat tremolos.

2851452750103343010S600x600Q85.jpg

2233612910103343010S600x600Q85.jpg

• Members

My Tele:

telecaster.jpg

This used to be my younger brother's. I bought it off him a year or two ago, as he hadn't played it in about ten years. My only changes have been the pickups - I have a set of custom-wound Chevaliers, voiced to sound like an early 60s Tele. No frills, ugly, lots of dings and chips missing in the finish, but the neck is solid and it sounds great.

• Members

Squier Affinity "Ritchie Blackmore" - $70 consignment shop special. Upgraded tuners to Fender '70's style, Tusq nut, Rose Buff Beauty pickups, Fralin Base plate on bridge pickup, Fralin Blender pot to mix neck and bridge pickups, Graph Tech saddles added after this picture, upgraded switch, pots, cap, and jack.

IMG_4713.jpg

Squier CV '50's Tele - Red Tort pickguard, Kent Armstrong Vintage 12 N humbucker wired for series/split/parallel on mini-switch, BG T90 in bridge, Wilkinson Compensated saddles, electrosocket jack plate.

IMG_3922.jpg

Squier Bullet "Stevie Ray Vaughanabie" - $70 pawn shop special that had an aftermarket black pickguard and Fender CS Texas Specials already in it. I upgraded the tuners, nut, saddles, pots, cap, switch, and jack. This is my "go-to" strat...:thu:

IMG_4445.jpg

• Members

CV 50's Tele.

Gutted it, Put CTS pots, Orange Drop caps, volume mod, switchcraft dohickies. Straplocks and a bakelite pickguard. I slightly aged some of the hardware.

Love this thing. I think at some point I'm going to put some beefier saddles on it, but I don't really have any complaints so I might not.

At some point I think I'd like to either refinish the fretboard or get a new neck. The finish is crazy thick. Not a big deal though, so once again might not.

207159_197346000302972_105208919516681_4

• Members

how do you like your jagmaster? I keep getting drawn to one just like that one at a local store, but I would prefer a 25 1/2" scale.

I like it a lot! well, this one's the ugly one, I was thinking about listing it, but the resale's so low on them. I have a sunburst one that's a sweet guitar. I wish they didn't have trems, but I just don't use it. Also have a silver sparkle anniversary model, and a pearl white guard to replace the black one. I think they're very underrated, imho. -Adam

Archived