Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

RANT:Why John Mayer is a total Douchenozzle. .

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arguably Mayer is the only authentic bluesman in the business today.

Warren Haynes' background makes him the best we have left, now that Junior Kimbrough is gone. Haynes can eat a couple of Jon Mayers for breakfast. Plus, Haynes has amps that were custom made for him by a famous dead guy. How much more authentic-y can a bluesman be ?

Buddy Guy is authentic, but I'm not sure he's still a bluesman. He's authentically something, but damned if I know just what to call it. There's also Scott Ainslie (blues player and performing historian), but I don't think Scott would call himself a bluesman like Junior Kimbrough was.
    Ita Erat Quando Hic Adveni
    I play guitar, bass and drums with equal enthusiasm and lack of skill.

"Never attribute to malice, those things which are adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor

Comment

• Warren Haynes' background makes him the best we have left, now that Junior Kimbrough is gone. Haynes can eat a couple of Jon Mayers for breakfast. Plus, Haynes has amps that were custom made for him by a famous dead guy. How much more authentic-y can a bluesman be ?

Buddy Guy is authentic, but I'm not sure he's still a bluesman. He's authentically something, but damned if I know just what to call it. There's also Scott Ainslie (blues player and performing historian), but I don't think Scott would call himself a bluesman like Junior Kimbrough was.

I just don't think Warren Haynes has the gravitas or the credibility of a John Mayer. Mayer is so good that he's started to take a lot of lesser players under his wing and given them a shot at REAL stardom, riding on his coattails.

It's just too bad that Stevie Ray Vaughn died before he could meet John Mayer. Mayer could have taken SRV to the woodshop and helped him learn how to really play some authentic blues instead of that fake Texas stuff.
      DJANGO!

Originally Posted by jjpistols

Try telling anyone here that they aren't a genuine bluesman, many will argue and call you names. Trust me. Then they tear apart their cubicles and smash their smartphones and just cant get any blues done at all.

Originally Posted by Motorik

That's a negative, Ghostrider. Surf was not the lowering of standards, surf was the last point before standards got lowered. Surf exemplified the optimism and wholesomeness of American youth, before they got corrupted by longhair, dope, and the communist Beatles.

Comment

• I've never understood the John Mayer hate. He seems like a normal guy to me. I'm sure he can be **************************** at times, but if I was famous and had college girls on my jock all day I'd probably be convinced of my superiority as well.

Comment

• I've never understood the John Mayer hate. He seems like a normal guy to me. I'm sure he can be **************************** at times, but if I was famous and had college girls on my jock all day I'd probably be convinced of my superiority as well.

I think given the intense personal tragedies he's suffered, it's understandable that Mayer might be a little abrasive.
          DJANGO!

Try telling anyone here that they aren't a genuine bluesman, many will argue and call you names. Trust me. Then they tear apart their cubicles and smash their smartphones and just cant get any blues done at all.

That's a negative, Ghostrider. Surf was not the lowering of standards, surf was the last point before standards got lowered. Surf exemplified the optimism and wholesomeness of American youth, before they got corrupted by longhair, dope, and the communist Beatles.

Comment

• I think given the intense personal tragedies he's suffered, it's understandable that Mayer might be a little abrasive.

I agree. I mean what do any of us know of tragedy? Nothing. I personally look to John Mayer for guidance, wisdom and well, for him to tell me through his music and words, how to live my life. His Twitter feed was like my Bible. Damn conspirators made him disable it.
            When all else fails,,,,,,,,,,,,twirl.

Comment

• Why dont you guys try reading my posts before you comment? I said I dont have a problem with relics at all. What pissed me off is the way he acts like he didnt want a relic, he just wanted it to have that way for the tone. Reading comprehension. . . try it.

Yeah that does not look like a tone scuff job that was skuff'd to look cool...

But can't rag on a bluesman thats has suffered soooo much...Why Georgia? Why?
              > .

Comment

• Funny thing is I got a USA Strat a while back that was reliced to look just like the "black one". I thought it looked like total **************** so I repainted it. Previous owner must have been some fanboy, probably played John Mayer songs on my guitar, ewww.
                Originally Posted by guitarmandp

But I really don't give ****************, I have money to make and I'm wasting my time playing on a message board.

Comment

• Previous owner must have been some fanboy, probably played John Mayer songs on my guitar, ewww.

Barf. Do NOT look at that guitar under a black light. You just don't want to know some things, man.
                  Ita Erat Quando Hic Adveni
                  I play guitar, bass and drums with equal enthusiasm and lack of skill.

"Never attribute to malice, those things which are adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor

Comment

• ROFL, he probably took it to bed with "His Penis is a Wonderland" or whatever that's called, playing in the background. Perhaps he cut out Mayer's face from a poster and taped it to the headstock.

But I really don't give ****************, I have money to make and I'm wasting my time playing on a message board.

Comment

• I read these comments as sour grapes. Some people wish they could play blues. John Mayer IS the blues.
                      DJANGO!

Comment

• Nah Im happy for him. He must have had a pleasant childhood with loving parents, yet he can play the blues like nobody's business. What does that tell you?

Comment

• Nah Im happy for him. He must have had a pleasant childhood with loving parents, yet he can play the blues like nobody's business. What does that tell you?

John Mayer has a lot of demons in his past. You know even know.
                          DJANGO!

Comment

• I like his music some of his comments are a little weird but I think a lot of the hate is jealousy.
                            catdaddy

Comment

• So white people can't be sad and play music to alleviate some of their pain?
                              dharmaforone.bandcamp.comListen to my music and such.Strat - Jazzmaster - Bunch of fuzz and delay pedals - map.

Comment

• So white people can't be sad and play music to alleviate some of their pain?

+1

John Mayer knows all about pain.
                                DJANGO!

Comment

Working...
                                X