Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

RANT:Why John Mayer is a total Douchenozzle. .

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah cause record companies never pay for that stuff

Nice try, but I interviewed John Scofield for that record. He even said, "John Mayer's the real deal." Sco's been around long enough and has enough of a reputation that he's not going to stick his neck out for John Mayer if he didn't deserve it.

Of course you're welcome to think it's all a conspiracy by kitten-eating alien reptiles from outer space who are controlling our minds.
    Originally Posted by Warren Buffett

“There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning.”

Member of the Hamer Squad

Founder of the Danelectro Horde

Third Cousin of The Orange-y Family

Good dealings with: GreatDane, Norcal_GIT_r (x2), solly, puckman, rydia is hot, 98 les paul, JerEvil

MY GUITARS

Comment

OT: I went to Ray Hennig's store when I was in Austin. It was full of crappy beginner guitars. On the other hand, Austin Vintage Guitars, in the same plaza, was the best guitar store I was ever in.

Austin Vintage Guitars is my favorite guitar store ever.
      http://simplehomerecording.com

Comment

I think many people miss the sarcasm with him. He's a funny guy and I don't think he takes himself as seriously as many think he does. I think much of the stuff like sticking the guitar in the freezer and getting the finish stripped off is just him goofing around. Probably his way of trolling all of the internet bedroom playing haters.

I agree. I can't call it up at work, but there are some videos of him on Youtube essentially trolling his fans before a show, as well as a hilarious satirical video called "How A Song Is Made", both in which he makes fun of himself quite a bit. He clearly has a good sense of humor and doesn't take himself totally seriously. I really think he does a lot of these things to **************** with people. And I'm certainly laughing. I'm sure he does have some douchebag tendencies, but meh, either way, it doesn't affect the music.
        http://simplehomerecording.com

Comment

I agree. I can't call it up at work, but there are some videos of him on Youtube essentially trolling his fans before a show, as well as a hilarious satirical video called "How A Song Is Made", both in which he makes fun of himself quite a bit. He clearly has a good sense of humor and doesn't take himself totally seriously. I really think he does a lot of these things to **************** with people. And I'm certainly laughing.

this.
          Originally Posted by csm

You get a limited-edition self-relic'ing guitar at no extra cost and you're COMPLAINING?

[Insert religious affiliation political party and or spiritual belief here]

57 Gibson Cg-530, 66 Teisco Mosrite "clone", 78 Rickenbacker something or other, 80's St. Blues, Classic Vibe 60's strat, Fender Blacktop HH strat, Switch Sig Stein, Switch Tele style, Austin SG, Yamaha something, lol.
          Vox Ampeg Peavey Hartke Bogen and Bugera amps, every tube pedal i can find. Muff. Loopers.

Comment

SRVs #1 guitar was a pretty beat when he got it from Ray Hennig's heart of texas music. It use to belong to Chistopher Cross.

Not really all that beat,

Comment

One of my students is 17 and he's quickly becoming a fine guitarist.

He likes John Mayer - through Mayer he discovered Hendrix.

who you are in the world depends on the opinions of others - that is not important

what is important is who you are within yourself

Comment

Has anybody here played with Herbie Hancock?

skip ahead to 20 min in if you are impatient
                who you are in the world depends on the opinions of others - that is not important

what is important is who you are within yourself

Comment

I agree. I can't call it up at work, but there are some videos of him on Youtube essentially trolling his fans before a show, as well as a hilarious satirical video called "How A Song Is Made", both in which he makes fun of himself quite a bit. He clearly has a good sense of humor and doesn't take himself totally seriously. I really think he does a lot of these things to **************** with people. And I'm certainly laughing. I'm sure he does have some douchebag tendencies, but meh, either way, it doesn't affect the music.

Not the video you're talking about but more proof.

Originally Posted by Warren Buffett

“There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning.”

Member of the Hamer Squad

Founder of the Danelectro Horde

Third Cousin of The Orange-y Family

Good dealings with: GreatDane, Norcal_GIT_r (x2), solly, puckman, rydia is hot, 98 les paul, JerEvil

MY GUITARS

Comment

I am admittedly very anti-John Mayer; his attitude, the way he carries himself, how he comes off in interviews, etc. just do not agree with me at all.

That being said, if he wants a pre-reliced guitar, then who cares. Some people honestly just like the way beat up guitars look for cosmetic reasons. I'm only in my early 20s but I love older guitars. No one is going to believe an electric guitar from the 60s has natural wear and tear from a younger guy like me, but I don't mind it in the slightest.

Comment

• I sure hope he reads this thread. He'll piss himself laughing.

Comment

• I think anyone that obsesses with hating on John Mayer secretly wants to suck on his douchenozzle.

Comment

• "...you'e the famous guy, and that's your famous guy's guitar
                          RockNote: Yamaha SA2200 -> Area 51 wah –> Pentavocal -> Dlx Moon Phaser => 2 x Cornford Carrera. Kramer Pacer > Phase 100 > Crybaby > TS9 > Fender Princeton Chorus.

Comment

• **************** that relic b.s. If it's not new and spotless it's utterly useless. Get that crap out out of here. Burn it with fire.

Comment

• **************** that relic b.s. If it's not new and spotless it's utterly useless. Get that crap out out of here. Burn it with fire.

Why dont you guys try reading my posts before you comment? I said I dont have a problem with relics at all. What pissed me off is the way he acts like he didnt want a relic, he just wanted it to have that way for the tone. Reading comprehension. . . try it.
                              Originally Posted by guitarmandp

But I really don't give ****************, I have money to make and I'm wasting my time playing on a message board.

Comment

• I think anyone that obsesses with hating on John Mayer secretly wants to suck on his douchenozzle.

**************** off troll.
                                Originally Posted by guitarmandp

But I really don't give ****************, I have money to make and I'm wasting my time playing on a message board.

Comment

Working...
                                X