Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

RANT:Why John Mayer is a total Douchenozzle. .

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He totally should have given one word answers to everything. Would have been nice if he'd smashed his guitar for the camera too.

Actually, he should have doused himself in gas and lit a match.

Comment

I never said don't enjoy his music. this has got nothing to do with his playing. Im just saying hes a narcissistic douchebag is all.
      And some of you are totally missing the point. Its not a sig model! Its not about that. I dont care who has a sig model. Its just the way he talks about this one guitar. He had a RELIC Strat made in 2004 and he talks about it like its the ****************ing holy grail. Like just put it up there next to Pages '59 LP, or Django Reinhardts acoustic or some ****************. And he pretends its not a relic, like he didnt want it to look like some old legendary guitar, like Lenny, or Rory Gallagher's Strat .
      And if you don't like these kinds of threads you dont have to participate.
      Well he's a better guitarist than Page, Clapton, and Gallgher (RIP), so he should be able to call the shots.

Comment

He totally should have given one word answers to everything. Would have been nice if he'd smashed his guitar for the camera too.

Actually, he should have doused himself in gas and lit a match.
        Why you hate him so much? Bandwagon hatred?

Comment

great player but hes like a really hot dumb chick.as long as she doesnt say anything shes tolerable.

Yeah he is pretty hot, isn't he?
          Hey, Cancer! **************** You!

Comment

yeah i rich kid in connecticut very authentic and a lot of hardship.

typical clueless john mayer fan
            Fender American Special Mahogany Stratocaster.Fender American Series FSR Chambered Mahogany Telelcaster.warmoth strat FloydCrate V30 headAvatar cab.Bad Monkey.Ibanez WH10 wah.Line 6 Podxt3.Right Wing Forum Guard.

Comment

I have a black Japanese Strat that I bought in 1993 on a credit card because I had to have something to play at country and blues gigs besides a Gibson SG. The Strat has had just about everything replaced on it at one time or the other besides the neck and the pots and wiring.

I call it "The Cheap One". I can make a video about it if you guys want.

Comment

I have a black Japanese Strat that I bought in 1993 on a credit card because I had to have something to play at country and blues gigs besides a Gibson SG. The Strat has had just about everything replaced on it at one time or the other besides the neck and the pots and wiring.

I call it "The Cheap One". I can make a video about it if you guys want.

I would like a Fender Custom Shop replica of The Cheap One.

Comment

Best guitar I ever played was at a GC it was laying there already hooked up to this effects tree. I was messing with the effects trying them out and in between switching them it suddenly struck me. Damn! This guitar has one of the finest clean sounds I ever heard and played as smooth as butter so I looked down to see that it was a black American Strat with maple neck. Should of bought it as it was most likely my signature instrument but it just looked too new still, it needed much more relicing, so I left it there for the Lil fella to earn it's way back to me one day...

But that is the story of my Black One! Everybody has their own I guess but when the lights fade down, and the song starts to fade, and you look back at what happened, you come to realize it's always a black one that just got away...

True blues story here in the naked city...
                  > .

Comment

is he trolling when he blabs about what his girlfriends were like in the sack, d'ya think?

the mark of a man!
                    Rules for a Happy Life:
                    Never attribute to malice, that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
                    I am happy with who I am. You do not have to like me.

Originally Posted by aenemated
                    doc always has been and always will be. He behaves as if he is 18 years old with worlds of wisdom

6 senses, 5 cables, 4 different coloured guitars, 3 amps, 2 pedals, 1 footswitch.
                    Statutory Disclaimer: Any advice I may give is ill-informed and is to be treated with the utmost suspicion.

Comment

Why is John Mayer blah blah blah?

Who cares? the guy writes and plays some great music. Maybe one day his life experience will match up to his artistic ability.

Who are any of us as musicians to judge anything but his music?
                      LIVESTRONGwww.bandmix.com/kevman/Hey what happened? I had 5000+ posts here.

Comment

great music bahahaha!!!!!
                        Fender American Special Mahogany Stratocaster.Fender American Series FSR Chambered Mahogany Telelcaster.warmoth strat FloydCrate V30 headAvatar cab.Bad Monkey.Ibanez WH10 wah.Line 6 Podxt3.Right Wing Forum Guard.

Comment

^^^ To each his own, buddy. But hey - if John Scofield agreed to have him guest on an album and perform on live TV with him, I'd say he's capable of at least some good music.

Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

yeah i rich kid in connecticut very authentic and a lot of hardship.

typical clueless john mayer fan

John Mayer went through hell and back. It informs everything he plays. Most bluesmen don't have the deep well of angst to draw on that Mayer has.

You simply don't know what you're talking about.
                            DJANGO!

Originally Posted by jjpistols

Try telling anyone here that they aren't a genuine bluesman, many will argue and call you names. Trust me. Then they tear apart their cubicles and smash their smartphones and just cant get any blues done at all.

Originally Posted by Motorik

That's a negative, Ghostrider. Surf was not the lowering of standards, surf was the last point before standards got lowered. Surf exemplified the optimism and wholesomeness of American youth, before they got corrupted by longhair, dope, and the communist Beatles.

Comment

We live in a marketing world.

Fender is a marketing company.

John Mayer is a marketable product.

The fact that he is actually a good guitar player seems secondary in this marketing world and in this thread.

Ritchie Blackmore has been described as "difficult" but that does not stop people from listening to and enjoying his guitar playing. Why should Mayer be any different?
                              Because Blackmore is a God and can rock a Pilgrim hat better than a pilgrim.
                              Lead me to your door. (yeah yeah yeah yeah)

“Say, can I have some of your purple berries Yes, I’ve been eating them for six or seven weeks now Haven't got sick once Prob’ly keep us both alive”=CS&N and to a lesser extent Y.

Comment

Arguably Mayer is the only authentic bluesman in the business today.

What about Joe Bonamassa?
                                DINOSAUR ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guide: how to ruin someone's day

Comment

Working...
                                X