Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

RANT:Why John Mayer is a total Douchenozzle. .

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RANT:Why John Mayer is a total Douchenozzle. .

Its not enough that hes famous, he has to have a famous guitar too. He wants a guitar associated with him the way Claptons "Blackie" was, or Page's #1 LP, or SRV's #1 Strat, or B.B. King's Lucille, etc. He doesn't want to earn it the old fashioned way though. He doesnt want to get a guitar and play it all the time because he likes the sound or the way it plays, then have everyone start associating that guitar with him and let it become famous naturally. Then when hes old have a cool story to tell about how he got the guitar, and all the changes its gone through over the years. He wants to justmake it famous instantly.

So he goes out and and gets this "Black One" made at the Fender Custom shop. He says its because he wants a good sounding guitar he can call his #1. Then he has em strip most of the paint off the body and neck, not because he wants it to look old and cool like its been played hard for 30 years, its so the wood can "beathe" better. Ya ok.

Rory Gallagher, Page, SRV, Joe Strummer, Andy Summers, etc, etc, got their guitars worn out by playing the **************** out of them for years. And they became famous by playing them all the time because they were great guitars that they loved. They didnt go get em made at Fender then anounce how famous their guitars are. This whole thing is just so fake and contrived. . Its so obvious to me what hes doing. What is it about this guy? Does he annoy anyone else as much as he does me? /rant. Here he is talking about how famous his guitar is. Skip to 30
    Originally Posted by guitarmandp

But I really don't give ****************, I have money to make and I'm wasting my time playing on a message board.

Take a chill pill man.
    You're welcome here if you're of the spirit to make a sound.

Comment

yeah, I watched part of that yesterday when someone was talking about the JM sig strat. i wondered what was unique about it. I turned it off when he said that when the custom shop delivered the guitar it sounded like ****************, so he put it in the freezer overnight and it sounded great. That dude must smoke alot of weed.
      This space intentionally left blank

Comment

Im calm. And for the record I think hes a fantastic player, I just cant stand his personality and I was wondering if anyone else saw this the same way. Ive just never heard another player anounce his guitar as being "the famous John Mayer guitar" before its really old or famous like that.
        Originally Posted by guitarmandp

But I really don't give ****************, I have money to make and I'm wasting my time playing on a message board.

Comment

he probably considers his 11s medium.
          There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov, Newsweek (21 January 1980)

Comment

The part at the beginning where he saying what songs he played it on like they were well known classics that everybody loves.

It all comes off like a parody.
            ~ Fear is your only god ~

Comment

SRVs #1 guitar was a pretty beat when he got it from Ray Hennig's heart of texas music. It use to belong to Chistopher Cross.

Comment

I like John Mayer, but yeah, he's the king of all douchenozzles.
                Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

Who gives a ****************? How many people on HC have relic'ed guitars and never take them out of their bedrooms? At least Mayer does something with his. (Although I can't forgive him for the crappy way he plays "Panama.")

If they can give John 5 a signature Tele, they can give John Mayer a signature Strat.

Comment

OT: I went to Ray Hennig's store when I was in Austin. It was full of crappy beginner guitars. On the other hand, Austin Vintage Guitars, in the same plaza, was the best guitar store I was ever in.
                    You're welcome here if you're of the spirit to make a sound.

Comment

Say what you will about Mayer, but HC and TGP practically light up whenever he says or does something even slightly controversial. After watching some of his earlier more comedic vids, I'm pretty sure John Mayer is just a really good troll.

Also, relics are awesome and sound better than their vintage counterparts.
                      I'm in a band called Little Sluggers. Signature.

Comment

Arguably Mayer is the only authentic bluesman in the business today.
                        DJANGO!

Originally Posted by jjpistols

Try telling anyone here that they aren't a genuine bluesman, many will argue and call you names. Trust me. Then they tear apart their cubicles and smash their smartphones and just cant get any blues done at all.

Originally Posted by Motorik

That's a negative, Ghostrider. Surf was not the lowering of standards, surf was the last point before standards got lowered. Surf exemplified the optimism and wholesomeness of American youth, before they got corrupted by longhair, dope, and the communist Beatles.

Comment

This is near that fine line of stupid "Relic'd Guitar" threads you see every day on every guitar form, it just needs a push.....

Comment

And for the record I think hes a fantastic player, I just cant stand his personality and I was wondering if anyone else saw this the same way.
                            I agree 100%. Mayer is indeed a douchenozzle, but his Strat tonez are as cool as any.

Comment

Arguably Mayer is the only authentic bluesman in the business today.

When I listen to his music, I feel like I'm hearing the very essence of the blues.
                              Originally Posted by Tom Fucherheigen

He is an adult now, but he is a child in the trousers.

Originally Posted by clay sails

This is essentially the same as married life, except that when you get married you share space with someone who washes your cum socks.

Comment

Working...
                              X