Tanglewood 12 and 6 twin neck alignment

shredder1

• Members

I`ve always fancied a twin neck, but can`t justify spending the sort of money on an EDS1275, but found this in a shop recently complete with case and in good condition, I managed to pick it up for 325 quid.  It plays reasonably well through the Marshalls and is to some extent comparable with the Gibsons.  Although I can`t really see me playing live with it, one problem I`ve noticed though is the necks are slightly out of alignment and I`m not sure if this is intentional or now as both necks stay in tune and appear fine, but the lower neck the 6 string is set slightly back from the 12 string neck and I`ve not seen a Gibson EDS to compair, is this normal or do the necks need realigning? 

• Members

Wow you have a real one, nice.  Thanks for your comment though, I`ll get it checked out, it plays fine for a copy but its more niggling me than anything.  How do you find the balance on these things with the strap on them, mind tends to pull down to the left, I expect its the weight of the necks, or are the Gibson ones properly balanced ?

Archived