X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copper top Les Paul Studio?

So about two, three, maybe four years ago, I was searching around for a new Les Paul "ish" guitar. Wasn't set on one, but you know, I was just looking around for a guitar that had similar features. Anyway, I found myself playing this used LP Studio. It played better than any LP I've ever handled, was gorgeous, and wasn't a bad price. Unfortunately, I didn't have money at the time, and couldn't get it. When I went back, it was gone. I posted a thread on a different forum around that time, and got no real info as to whether this was a Gibson run, or someone had finished it themselves (it was used, afterall). So I figure I'll try again... if anyone can tell me if GIbson ever did a copper top LP Studio, I'd love to know about it. This is still the only one I've seen, despite intermittently searching around once every year or so, when I run across the pic.

Any info is appreciated!

http://s207.beta.photobucket.com/user/Name890/media/0727081726.jpg.html

Yes, they did.  It was a Limited Edition available for only about a year and that was 10-15 years ago.  Had a chance to pick one up a couple of years ago and passed.  It had active pups installed and just didn't really speak to me.

D

<div class="signaturecontainer">'99 Parker Fly Classic<br>'06 Gibson ES335 Dot<br>'01 Fender MIM Std Strat (w/ Lollars)<br>'03 Gretsch 6118-120T<br>'91 Fender Deluxe Strat Plus<br>'90 Fender Custom Shop Setneck Tele<br>'07 Xaviere XV-600<br>'10 Dreamcaster<br>'92 Gibson J150<br>Fender Evil Twin<br>Fender Pro Jr.<br>and a bunch o' other crap...</div>

Comment

• Chad4751
      Chad4751 commented
      Editing a comment

Ahh, I see. Thanks for the info. I love the way that guitar looks, I wish I'd grabbed it when I had the opportunity.

That

Comment

• Chad4751
      Chad4751 commented
      Editing a comment

But don't the Tribute guitars have a somewhat flat finish?

Working...
X