Rejuvenated NGD with contrasting pics...

billybilly

• Members

Hi.  I posted this SZ320 the other day which really needed some care.  While I am still waiting for the new tuners, everything else came into place.  Whoever wired it before certainly had a creative license but with some diagrams off the net, it works perfectly.  Notice how the fretboard has changed colour so dramatically and its still a little dry.  I used lemon oil but will probably put even a bit more on.  This is the first time I've had a tone zone in a mahogany guitar and I quite like it.  The 59 in the neck is a little boomy but they always are, I've lowered it a fair bit to compensate.  I should send the updated photos back to guy I bought it off for 99 bucks,  just kidding.  :smileyhappy:

aaIMG\_2431.JPGabIMG\_2481.JPG

bbIMG\_2430.JPGbcIMG\_2475.JPG

ccIMG\_2439.JPGcdIMG\_2482.JPG

ddIMG\_2432.JPGde.JPG

zIMG\_2483-001.JPG

• Members

gardo wrote:

Impressive ,
Looks like you used the good parts instead of the cheap ones  ha ha 

seriously that looks good

I've got to own that.  lol

Really, I've only upgraded the pickups and tuners and did a hell of a lot of polishing.  A few blisters came my way, I may never recover...

• Members

JRicoC wrote:

Great restoration.  That thing looks loved now ...

Thanks, I've played it for about an hour and compared to my other SZ's, it's quite meaty.  I sold my PRS SE singlecut because it lacked meat and I'm happy with the tone and playability of this one.

Archived