Jimmy Page's Danelectro DC59.

bluesguitar65

• Members

As a sidenote, I know that Danelectro probably doesn't want to stray away too far from the reissue niche, but I would be very happy to see a Danelectro with the 90s style lipstick in the neck position and an overwound stacked HB @ the bridge. (To me, all of the lipstick bridge pickups are worthless--including the double lipstick in some of the model--except to blend in a bit with the neck pickup, the difference in tone remaining nearly inconsequential).

• Members

older Dano with modified bridge. The newer reissues were disappointing IMHO. I have a MIK DC-3 that I picked up 10 years ago that is cool. I would grab up an older 59 DC from the same era and mod the bridge before I would bother with this newer model.

I dunno...the most recent 59 DC reissue seems to play and sound nice. It suppose to be the same spec as the orignal as compared to other reissues.

The Dano 1959 Reissue "Modified Spec" model features all the original appointments you love from the original 59 DC including the bottle headstock and texture side edge tape, but adds a 6-saddle adjustable Baddass style bridge replicating Jimmy Page's original 3021 model.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Owning the newest DC59.. I have to say it's the best Dano I've ever played.

I'd have no problems taking it with me to a gig. It plays so smooth... The action rocks...

Sorry about reviving an old post... Just thought I'd return to HCEG in style.

• 2 years later...

Archived