Any fans of "The Paul" ?

fuzztone

• Members

A "The Paul" was my first real guitar.  I bought it used in '83.  It was solid, but would not stay in tune.  If I had purchased it later in life and with more guitar experience I probably could have set it up or tweaked it to my liking and being useful.  I traded it in about a year after I bought it.  I've seen many folks say they did not have tuning/stability problems with theirs, so perhaps I just had a lemon ...

This one is mine:

1979 Gibson The Paul

I've had it about 15 years.  When I got it (for $180) it had a DUncan pickup of some sort that sounded awesome in the bridge and a T Top Gibson pickup in the neck that was terrible. I put the BG Pure 90's in about two years ago and I love it.  For about 3 years this was my main guitar even though I never used the neck pickup....

• Members

I had a '79 The Paul a few years back that was pretty nice.I found the stock pickups to be a bit muddy and dark.Swapped them out for Duncan '59 [bridge] and Alnico II [neck] pickups to great results.I eventually sold it to a cute hippie chick that loved Bob Marley.

Ed

• 2 weeks later...

Archived