X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any fans of "The Paul" ?

I was curious about these guitar. Anyone here own one or played one of these?

Tombuk 3

Mike Scott 2

Mike Scott

Attached Files
    <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;One chord is fine. Two chords is pushing it.<br />
    Three chords and you're into jazz.&quot;<br />
    - Lou Reed</div>

I saw one like this at at local store. It is a "Firebrand" with a chainsaw case. The price is $599.

Firebrand

Attached Files
    <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;One chord is fine. Two chords is pushing it.<br />
    Three chords and you're into jazz.&quot;<br />
    - Lou Reed</div>

Comment

• harold heckuba
      harold heckuba commented
      Editing a comment

I have had two of them in the past.  I have to say I do like walnut.

Talk about fads, mine had those Dirty fingers pups, and nobody 

wanted those.  Now all of a sudden, people give a fortune for

those pups.

What

Comment

• Pine Apple Slim
      Pine Apple Slim commented
      Editing a comment
      In the late 70s and early 80s they were the LP Studio/poor mans LP of the day. Some were decent, a lot were not.

A "The Paul" was my first real guitar.  I bought it used in '83.  It was solid, but would not stay in tune.  If I had purchased it later in life and with more guitar experience I probably could have set it up or tweaked it to my liking and being useful.  I traded it in about a year after I bought it.  I've seen many folks say they did not have tuning/stability problems with theirs, so perhaps I just had a lemon ...

Comment

This one is mine:

1979 Gibson The Paul

I've had it about 15 years.  When I got it (for $180) it had a DUncan pickup of some sort that sounded awesome in the bridge and a T Top Gibson pickup in the neck that was terrible. I put the BG Pure 90's in about two years ago and I love it.  For about 3 years this was my main guitar even though I never used the neck pickup....

Attached Files
      http://markweinguitarlessons.com/forums/ - Forums for Guitar and other B.S.

HCGJ Forumite of the Year 1st Loser 2008-2009

Comment

Very nice!

I like the no frills, straight up HB rock machine feel it has going for it.

HNGD!

<div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">Good dealings with ~dcindc x2~alleytrash~ashasha~jjegg~Yavin</font></div>

Comment

• EdMan57
        EdMan57 commented
        Editing a comment

I had a '79 The Paul a few years back that was pretty nice.I found the stock pickups to be a bit muddy and dark.Swapped them out for Duncan '59 [bridge] and Alnico II [neck] pickups to great results.I eventually sold it to a cute hippie chick that loved Bob Marley.

Ed

1982 Firebrand. Dimarzio PAF Pro in the bridge.

thepaul.jpg

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X