EMG's in a Les Paul, Blasphemy?

billybilly

• Members

kayd_mon wrote:

Well then. So you don't consider EMGs into a Les Paul blasphemy, I take it?

Me?  I'll answer anyway.  I really don't care either way but it was a little dull here so I took it upon myself to spice it up a bit.  I'm a bad boy.  :smileyhappy:

• Members

@burninator

With that response, I see that I agree with you. The majority of people who listen to music don't think about how the music is made, just whether or not they like it. I also think that an EMG LP is perfect for people who like how activities can be tailored.

• Members

Alecto wrote:

What makes a Les Paul different from any other guitar? Is EMG's in a Strat blasphemy? In a Tele? Do they lack dynamics?

Sure, many great players use them and have used them because they have their applications, like dead quite in a live setting with heaps of lights and electroncs that create unwanted noise (or pushing through a big signal chain).     That's why Gilmour used them but if you asked him what his favourite strat was for tone, it wouldn't be his red one.

Point, they have their applications but do sacrifice tone.  At least that's what my ears say.  I really don't care what the pros use either, I'm not up on stage and have to deal with what they do.

Finally, we are all different and if you dig them that's good enough for me.

• Members

It may also depend on the EMG's (and the guitar their in) you've personally had experience with...I remember a guitar I had from way back with EMGs that I sort of felt didn't have the most toneful personality (was loud, punchy and dead quiet however, so obviously worked well for rock/metal), BUT, I've since had others in my hands with EMG sets that were astonishingly toneful...Something about the first experience and their stark, covered look sort of made me equate them to having less tone personality until I heard other guitars with them...

Archived