No announcement yet.

HAMER.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAMER.

I have owned easily over 20 different guitars in the past 10 years but none of them have hailed in comparison to my Hamer double cut. I have upgraded and modded the hell out of this thing to get it to sound and play as good as possible. I swapped out the pickups, electronics, bridge, tail piece, tuners, and even the knobs to get this thing perfect.  Is there any love for these guitars?

010.jpg

Attached Files
    Guitars: Hamer SATF (heavily modded)Yamaha 120sdAmps: Orange TH30hFender Super Champ X2Cabs: Jet City JCA48STFender SC112Pedals: Digitech TimebenderHardwire RV-7

BryceS33 wrote:

I have owned easily over 20 different guitars in the past 10 years but none of them have hailed in comparison to my Hamer double cut. I have upgraded and modded the hell out of this thing to get it to sound and play as good as possible. I swapped out the pickups, electronics, bridge, tail piece, tuners, and even the knobs to get this thing perfect.  Is there any love for these guitars?

010.jpg

beautiful guitar!  i have lots of love for Hamer.  they made consistently high-quality instruments and the USA line-up is a whole lot of guitar for not a lot of scratch if you buy used.

Attached Files
    INTERNET stands for: Inter-connected Network of Tools Endlessly Regurgitating Negatively Energized Tantrums

My Guitars | ... but can he play? | Currently a Gold Trader +6

Use extreme caution when attempting to interact or transact with IndianScout.

Comment

• xwhiskeydustx
      xwhiskeydustx commented
      Editing a comment

That's a beautiful Hamer! I've had a USA Californian and currently have a Chaparral Sustainiac model (which I'll actually be unloading soon) and both play(ed) magnificently.  Such a shame they've closed their doors.

That's a beauty!

My main guitar for many years was a Hamer Centaura with a Schaller Floyd and EMG 85/SA/SA pickups...a fantastic guitar that I got for the unbelievable price of

Originally Posted by Jimmy James

You're the British SAS of Metal.

Originally Posted by Phlat Phive

You're a man of refined taste and strong opinions.

Originally Posted by goodusername

Mosiddiqi is a prick, btw.

Some Tunes:

http://www.box.net/shared/zbo8hrncu2
    http://www.box.net/shared/dnlnkn3g44
    http://www.box.net/shared/th4tv5noyi

Comment

• Special J
      Special J commented
      Editing a comment

Specials.jpg

I've owned several USA Hamers (my Specials above), and have called them all #1 at some point or another. There are few better values out there on the used market. The imports are good values too, and as you've found out make fine modding platforms.

Attached Files

I own two Hamers, a Mahogany Studio and a Cruise Bass.  They're both wonderful guitars that aren't leaving my stable any time soon.

My 1987 Cruise bass.  I bought it about 6 years ago for $400 out the door, about 1/3 of its original selling price.  The previous owner had installed active Bartolinis. 

My Mahogany Studio:

Hamer made incredible guitars that never got the respect they deserved, mainly because they marketed themselves as "a poor guitarist's Gibson" which wasn't the case at all (more like "a smart guitarist's Gibson").  It's a shame that FMIC (Hamer's parent company) shut down operations, but nearly all of Hamer's luthiers are building MIA Guild electrics now. 

Originally Posted by Warren Buffett

“There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning.”

Member of the Hamer Squad

Founder of the Danelectro Horde

Third Cousin of The Orange-y Family

Good dealings with: GreatDane, Norcal_GIT_r (x2), solly, puckman, rydia is hot, 98 les paul, JerEvil

MY GUITARS

Comment

• BryceS33
      BryceS33 commented
      Editing a comment
      I would have to agree with you that they don't get the respect they deserve. I was truly shocked when I found out that they were shutting down. The only good thing to come form this is that the value of these guitars will probably only go up now.

Newport

A crummy picture of a fantastic instrument - my hamer newport. Outstanding neck and sounds in a super responsive lightweight instrument

Attached Files

Comment

I love the look of Hamer double cuts. I have had two import Hamers, and while my Duotone is great, my MIC double cut just didn't work out for me, despite looking phenomenal in my favorite color.
      Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

Gott'a love a Hamer!

Straight-Jacket memories, and Sedative highs... the Good Old Days.

Comment

Working...
        X