SERIES 10 ELECTRIC GUITAR BY BENTLY

prsguitarman101

• Members

When I was a kid these were popular. There was a store in town that sold them. The best thing about them were the ads. There were ads with scantily clad hot chicks that said get your hands on a ten.

The guitars are pretty low end. The hardware was crappy and the pickups were awful. Many of them were in crackle finishes, loud yellows, reds, etc.... The kids that got them couldn't afford the BC Rich Platinum Series (back in the 80s).

I would pass on one because there really isn't anything about these that would make me want to get one. Look for a Squier, it will be a better guitar.

Also, this is a low end Series 10. The "better" ones had a Floyd style bridge. This would have been a really entry level one.

• Members

You don't see much about Bently guitars. I don't know about that model but I have a Bently acoustic-electric guitar that is actually pretty decent for the money. Although thats quite different than the one you are looking at.  For $75 it might be fine as a project guitar like you mentioned.Have you played this one?

• Members

Karma1 wrote:

You don't see much about Bently guitars. I don't know about that model but I have a Bently acoustic-electric guitar that is actually pretty decent for the money. Although thats quite different than the one you are looking at.  For $75 it might be fine as a project guitar like you mentioned.Have you played this one?

I have a Bently acoustic. I'd never seen this brand mentioned anywhere else, nor did I even know they made electric guitars. I like mine, though. It's a cheap guitar and it feels cheap, but I'm happy with the way it sounds.

• Members

I like the way it looks for it's '80s cock rock vibe ;)

Interesting colour too. What colour would you call that?

I'd pay $75 for it (maybe offer a bit less) and if I couldn't make a half-decent player out of it I'd just have it cus I like the look

Archived