SOT - Master Volume or No?

kayd_mon

• Members

DSC02461.JPGFunny you should mention this. I have been dealing with just the same issue.

I have a1967 Ampeg Gemini 1 which has no master vol. and have been struggling to get that just right sound

Just about an hour ago I found it. Nothing I did was quite right and I don't like pedals so did just the opposite of what I normally do.  I turned the bass and treble all the way down and put the vol. at 3 o' clock.then plugged into the accordion input and brought back just a little more on the treble control . With the tone at 10 on the guitar and the vol. at 7 the humbuckers scream .

• Members

gardo wrote:

DSC02461.JPG

Funny you should mention this. I have been dealing with just the same issue.

I have a1967 Ampeg Gemini 1 which has no master vol. and have been struggling to get that just right sound

Just about an hour ago I found it. Nothing I did was quite right and I don't like pedals so did just the opposite of what I normally do.  I turned the bass and treble all the way down and put the vol. at 3 o' clock.then plugged into the accordion input and brought back just a little more on the treble control . With the tone at 10 on the guitar and the vol. at 7 the humbuckers scream .

Love those Gemini's.  I have a G-1 as well and it's fantastic.   I've had the same problem though, it always sounds better just a little bit louder.  :)   I'll have to give your tip a shot.   

Ever try bridging the channels? 

Archived