Guitar Collection POTD #9

GreatDane

• Members

silvershot wrote:

No offense, it is really a very nice collection but 22 electrics and only 1 acoustic, I don't get it.

maybe he mostly plays electric.  what's not to get?  there's no "right way" that i'm aware of.

• Members

Some of those are just the right amount of too much (like that tasty pink Axis). Others aren't for me, but they all add up to quite a collection.

@silvershot

Eh, one acoustic, if all you play is electric, is more than enough. It's not like all of us just buy an electric, an electric 12, an acoustic, an acoustic 12, a classical, a baritone electric, and a bass - just for the sake of versatility.

• Members

Not trying to create a fuss but I find as much diversity in acoustics as I do in electrics. I'm certainly not knocking what is truly a nice collection, nicer than mine I just find it odd that that the whole palette is not being explored by someone who is obviously an intense guitarist.

• Members

GreatDane wrote:

v

#9 is from our own MaltoMario.  a personal fav of mine.  hopefully you can dig it. the guy and the guitars are both top-notch.

A few too many shred machines for my taste, but I've been eyeing those Jackson Phil Collen guitars.  The only pisser is the necks aren't as fat as Phil's personal instruments.  Otherwise, gorgeous collection and great presentation.  :robothappy:

• Members

Alecto wrote:

GreatDane wrote:

v

#9 is from our own MaltoMario.  a personal fav of mine.  hopefully you can dig it. the guy and the guitars are both top-notch.

A few too many shred machines for my taste, but I've been eyeing those Jackson Phil Collen guitars.  The only pisser is the necks aren't as fat as Phil's personal instruments.  Otherwise, gorgeous collection and great presentation.  :robothappy:

i've owned four PC-1s over the years and they all had very nice, very chunky necks.  how fat is the neck on Phil's personal guitar - boatneck?

Archived