I ordered a Carvin Speaker

Pine Apple Slim

• Members

I got it to put in my old 1-15 Carvin extension cab to match impedence with my 71 Bassman head. Guitar/Bass dual purpose was the idea.  It replaced an 8ohm 400w EV, which was stock in the old early 90s cab I bought used.

Surprise! It has a Celestion sticker on it. Wonder if this is a special run by Celestion for Carvin or is a rebranding of one of their regual model? No mention of Celestion in the published info. Anybody know? 

PS 15-4 bass speaker for $69

speaker

Rear-vented. 400W @ 4 ohms. 56 oz magnet structure, 10 pounds net weight.

Sounds great anyway. Pbass has a nice warm growl and the guitars sound warm and huge, like a Bassman should.

• Members

They used to have Celestion Special Run Speakers listed in their Catalog. I bought 2 12" Carvin Celestions for my Peavey Classic a few years ago. Made that amp really move up in the rotation. I got them on closeout for around $100 shipped.

• Members

I really don't give a hoot who made it or who designed it. I got a good sounding high power woofer for $69 that seems to be an excellent match for this old cab. I just thought it interesting it had a Celestion sticker on it but Carvin didn't mention that in the ad cover.

• Members

Not many Carvin speaker fights are there? They make credible drivers and cabs IMO and they carried greenbacks around the turn of the century; no doubt a continuing association. The price on the greenbacks was plenty good but BFD AFAIC.  I had already bought BR 12s - (had EV 12s and could not cope) and they sounded plenty guitar amp enough. I can't see Celestion mattering as a bass driver mfger though. Punchy and durable as opposed to a particular sound or :eek: breakup is what counts.

Archived