Will these Dimarzio's work in my tele?

RothnRoll

• Members

I have been assembling my latest warmoth build and after listening to clips all over the net I have come to this conclusion for my tone

The body is Black korina-

The neck is Birdseye Maple boatneck.

I play Hard Rock/Classic rock.

My other guitar is a CS Nocaster .. which is nice but or this build I wanted something with a fierce growl..

Dimarzio

Bridge- Tone zone T - dp389 telecaster bridge

Neck- Area T Neck- dp417 covered and looks like a tele neck

Will these match good together (the bridge is ceramic and the neck is alnico)?

Has anyone tried this combo?

• Members

I have been assembling my latest warmoth build and after listening to clips all over the net I have come to this conclusion for my tone

The body is Black korina-

The neck is Birdseye Maple boatneck.

I play Hard Rock/Classic rock.

My other guitar is a CS Nocaster .. which is nice but or this build I wanted something with a fierce growl..

Dimarzio

Bridge- Tone zone T - dp389 telecaster bridge

Neck- Area T Neck- dp417 covered and looks like a tele neck

Will these match good together (the bridge is ceramic and the neck is alnico)?

Has anyone tried this combo?

That build sounds cool:thu: Throw some pics up when it's done if you can.:cool:

Generally speaking Korina is a warm tone wood. Combined with the big maple (bright) boat neck I think you are going to get a killer sounding Tele. My guess would be warm lows with rounded off highs compared to a "standard" tele spec' build

I have not tried those pups but have tried other DiMarzio's and like D's in general. Going from the specs the T-zone is going to give you a very FAT bridge pup. Maybe to warm and fat?:idk: The Super D sized Tele pup might be a consideration as it has less mids. The super D (imo) is a nice pup. Lots of "bark and balls" so to speak.

The Area-T spec's seem to indicate a sweet neck pup for sure. Prol' sound "evenish" across the tone spectrum when combined with the woods the Tele is using.

:idk:Seeing on how it is a non-standard Telecaster build what I would do is.....hold off before getting any new pups and install the No-Caster set in the guitar. How the wood combo reacts to the vintage pups would (imo) give you something to base your tone direction on. A springboard of sorts.

• 5 years later...

Archived