Feb 2013 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS

Frets99

Post all hot deals here, but no SPAM. SPAM is for the other thread. This is for insane blow out deals that you find online and want to share with your fellow GASsers.

If you see a blowout on Music123 on Les Pauls for $99, yes, this is where you post that info, etc.

You can post eBay links you see too, but the eBay links have to be Buy It Nows, not something that is at $1 and still has 10 days left in the auction.

The RULES:

1) NO CRAIGSLIST POSTS IN THIS THREAD!

2) NO WHINING ABOUT DISCUSSIONS IN THE THREAD!

Last month we tried a separate discussion thread, but it's just too cumbersome to have a separate thread, so there won't be one anymore.

From my observations, the majority of people like to talk about the deals in order to decide if they want to buy something. There's typically just a few loud members constantly complaining about the discussions. As long as the discussions are related to the item in question, then the discussion can stay in this thread. If someone starts whining and causes a big flame war about "too much talking" they are going to get a temp ban. Everybody participating in any flame war in this thread will get a temp ban. Just behave yourselves! There is more to life than this internet thready thing.

3) All new deals must be posted in RED! Or at least the TITLE OF THE DEAL.

That will help people be able to filter though the pages of discussion and the actual deal posts will pop right out.

4) Your personal SPAM is not allowed in this thread. If you post SPAM in here, you will get a temp ban. Then no one will be able to buy your crappy gear.

I repeat - NO SPAM in this thread. That means NO TRADES, NO OFFERS, no selling or getting rid of your own stuff. There's one SPAM thread already for that stuff.

And as, alway: there is no whining, bitching, complaining or tantrums allowed in this thread. This thread is only for discussing the hot deals. If you missed a hot deal or you hate Musicians Friend, post about it in an outside thread.

If you buy something in the hot deals thread, and you love it, or hate it, or it bit you in the ass, then post a separate thread about it, this thread ain't for heated discussion.

Bring em if ya got em!

Please, no political discussions.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well there is always rondomusic.com for deals.  Nothing particular going on right now but compared to the rest of the world they have some amazing deals.  Where else can you get an ash bodied strat copy for

Check it out if you haven't.

• Members

98 les paul wrote:

strap

I bought 3 different colors recently of that strap.  Haven't used them yet, but the quality seems pretty good.  I frankly didn't have any "garment leather" style straps.  But be careful, the NWS555-B above is actually a dark blue not black.  I expected the "B" meant black, but no-o, it stands for that other "B" color ;)

• Members

Sure isnt much going on this month.  Anybody get something good with their MF eGiftcard money?  I picked up an ibanez acoustic bass as a b stock repair for $85 and it looks to be very good so far.  They seemed to mistake the electronic tuner mentioned for the tuner at the string and then missed the broken string as the real issue.  Just a heads up to keep an eye on the used and damaged equip at MF.  Anyone else get something with their eCert money?

• Members

I agree that the MF 20% off coupon is a nice deal.But I really cannot find many deals on guitars

Only deal I can find is a $999 Gibson Flying V with Hardshell case at ZZounds and with their 10%off with useing (FROSTY2012} coupon make the Guitar $900.

And Having MF match that price and use the 20% email coupon that we got makes the price around $719.

If I didnot buy one in Dec of 2012 I would be buying a White one instead on the Red with case.............JT

http://www.zzounds.com/item--GIBDSVR

• Members

Well from what I saw at namm 2013 if you are into fast metal guitars dean is killing it! The one guitar was 599 it was set neck with the carved back easy reach heel joint binding on body neck and headstock active emg's abalone inlays with a carved top body. For something like that to be 599 new is great it reminded me of schecter guitars really but you will not get one of those used for that price

• Members

EJ_Boy wrote:

Did you get it for less than 3 bills by any chance? I look at the used MIMs at MF from time to time and wonder what kind of condition they are really in. That would be a great deal though.

Oh hell yea! It was probably a mistake by them but thats the way it goes..Maple neck and just a minor ding

for 2 bills.|:)

Archived