No announcement yet.

Jay Turser Guitars

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay Turser Guitars

Anyone have a Jay Turser guitar? Wondering about the quality of them. They seem to be a good deal for the price, but im not looking for another project to put all sorts of work into to make right. Will they be a really good guitar with only a little setup? Looking at a 12 string to replace my old Dano 12 string. Thanks
    I have been playing for 33 years, I'm not any good. Common sense, its not so common anymore.

WANTED: 1984 Aria Pro II RS Inazuma- I, Black with red lightning bolt, single humbucker.

My first guitar was a JT strat copy. I don't have much complaints. The electronics were ****************, but the neck was smooth and it wasn't too heavy. Just make sure to play one before you buy.
    Check out my music!

Originally Posted by Coralkong

Was that supposed to be jazz or something? Because (As Alex Lifeson says) "Jazz is weird".

Originally Posted by Flying_Milkman

Your sense of humor is rivaled only by a dying rhino.

Comment

I have been learning to play 4 months and heve taken my JT-200 electric to a lot of local teachers and pros and they all have given it a good rating. I too did a lot of research when I got it as I didn't know jack about guitars, let alone Jay tursers. The general consensus that I found was that they are quality at an affordable price.

Comment

The Best Dealer for JT

http://www.musiclandcentral.com
        THE MAZI BEE MILITIA

Comment

I have a JT acoustic/electric resonator. Looks great, sounds good, started falling apart in a couple of months.
          Dexter fans, check out The DexterCast podcast on iTunes or www.thedextercast.com. Two hosts have seen Dexter, two are watching for the first time.

Comment

hmm, So i should buy the Schecter CSH-12 then? (its in the same family as the C-1's. I heard that was supposed to be a nice guitar. I would just have to wait some more to get it, and try and sell a couple of my other guitars here first.

The JT's are a solid body---more of what i was looking for, The Schecter is a semi hollow body....what to do, what to do....
            I have been playing for 33 years, I'm not any good. Common sense, its not so common anymore.

WANTED: 1984 Aria Pro II RS Inazuma- I, Black with red lightning bolt, single humbucker.

Comment

I've looked at trying a Jay Turser a number of times, but everytime I see one I like and check the reviews, I end up changing my mind after reading what was written.
              I like their rosewood tele, but I'll probably never get one because of their reviews.
              Not music, but as a pet lover, I really like what this Old Country Vet has to say;
              http://www.oldcountryvet.com/

Comment

I just got one last Thursday. It is a complete POS, but. I spent all day yesterday putting in new pots, wiring, tuners, re-installed every screw so they were straight. But I knew this going into it. It has a nice neck and body. It has P-90 pickups. I have never had those yet I am still evaluating them. I got it dirt cheap though.

Tom
                "Effit"

Comment

Kind of OT, but does anyone know if a tele neck would fit in a JT tele copy? I was thinking about getting a JT thinline and putting a MM neck on it.
                  www.codeblueohio.com
                  Member of The Squier Army
                  Good Deals: mfernan647, GAS KING

Comment

The Best Dealer for JT

http://www.musiclandcentral.com

Some of those Hagstrom guitars he has are sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I just got one last Thursday. It is a complete POS, but. I spent all day yesterday putting in new pots, wiring, tuners, re-installed every screw so they were straight. But I knew this going into it. It has a nice neck and body. It has P-90 pickups. I have never had those yet I am still evaluating them. I got it dirt cheap though.

Tom

Those are cool looking.

Sorry to hear you had problems.

Did you buy it new?

Some reviews say it's really good.

Comment

hmm, So i should buy the Schecter CSH-12 then? (its in the same family as the C-1's. I heard that was supposed to be a nice guitar. I would just have to wait some more to get it, and try and sell a couple of my other guitars here first.

The JT's are a solid body---more of what i was looking for, The Schecter is a semi hollow body....what to do, what to do....

My advice, for what it's worth, is to avoid the Turser 'Hawk' 12 string. I bought one about a year ago....and liked it for about a week. I felt it's 'sound' was either harshly 'trebly' or 'muddy' in the other direction, with nothing good in between. Don't be fooled by the inevitabvle comparisons to a 'Byrds-like', 60's 'jangly', Rickenbacker sound 'at a fraction of the cost' of the original..it ain't there.

It's absurdly neck-heavy, with a curiously undersized body that borders on just weird.

My guitar quickly developed a finish crack near the neck pocket. I assume that it didn't go any deeper than the clearcoat, but I can't be certain.

Can you say 'fret buzz?' plenty of that too.

If you buy one of these guitars, be prepared to spend some time and money making it 'right'.

Buy the Schecter. I've never owned one, but it CAN'T be inferior to the Turser 'Hawk'.

I've owned other Turser guitars that were VERY good, but my 'Hawk' was not one of them.

Comment

I've looked at trying a Jay Turser a number of times, but everytime I see one I like and check the reviews, I end up changing my mind after reading what was written.
                          I like their rosewood tele, but I'll probably never get one because of their reviews.

Where are the reviews, BluesHawk? Can't find em on HC.

I bought a JTLTRW rosewood Tele a few weeks back, and it's ok.
                          It sorta cured my RW Tele GAS which is FAR more expensive.

BTW, if you are thinking of a JT, hit ebay. I paid $60 less than musicland central has them for, on a buy it now.
                          DC in DC

Originally Posted by Mike Fiasco

DIY, the ultimate in wankery. Actually, wankery is the ultimate in DIY.

SPAM: My eBay Auctions!

My Good Dealings with, SPAM Thread, & Signature Quotes post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          HCEG PLATINUM TRADER

Comment

I only own one, and it has been great.
                            Called a JT45, it's sort of an SG Jr with set neck and single dogear P90. I've been nothing but impressed for it's balance, finish, smooth fret detail, stable tuners, and a sweet pickup. My first P90, which started a scramble to try out more, and still remains one of my favorites for driving a tube screamer pedal.
                            -
                            Super Awesome Gibson VM Les Paul Club

Last night I played a blank tape at full blast. The mime next door went nuts. (Steven Wright)

Guitars - Fender various Strats & Teles, TC90; DeArmond M75 w/USA Goldtones; Gibson Vintage Mahogany LP; Oscar Schmidt OE30 w/Biltoft P90s; Epi LP Std w/pearly gates hums; Set neck LP Jr w/ single P90; Jay Turser JT45 ; Washburn HB30 semi w/ Seymor Duncan 59 & Pearly Gates; Daisy Rock Retro-H; Takamine EF340 a/e; Guild GAD JF30 jumbo a/e

Comment

I only own one, and it has been great.
                              Called a JT45, it's sort of an SG Jr with set neck and single dogear P90. I've been nothing but impressed for it's balance, finish, smooth fret detail, stable tuners, and a sweet pickup. My first P90, which started a scramble to try out more, and still remains one of my favorites for driving a tube screamer pedal.

I have a JT-55 (asymmetric horned, 2 HB SG copy)

The pickups sucked so I upgraded to GFS Liverpools.

Pickups & electronics aside, a very nice player; good fretwork, stays in tune, comfy neck & decent balance for an SG

Comment

Working...
                              X