Start your weekend with a little Jungle Jangle!

docjeffrey

• Members

Video is back up and working.

Here's my latest soon to be Grammy-nomiated (yeah, right) song featuring a pair of Rickenbacker 360's and, of course, a Vox amp, in this case an AC15 H1TV (or something like that)

I hope you enjoy it. I had fun daisy chaining three--count 'em--THREE compressor pedals and an MXR graphic EQ in order to get some righteous jangle from my 12 stringer. I didn't go quite as extreme as I could have, but you'll hear the 360/12 pumping its little heart out in a couple of sections.

Lead guitar was the 360/6 which you rarely hear as a lead instrument. Of course I added all kinds of effects and Pro Tools fairy dust which probably did more harm than good. The bass is a Chinese Hofner Beatle Bass that has positively atrocious intonation anywhere past the 5th fret. I think I'm gonna spring for a proper Hofner soon.

Rock on!

• Members

That's nice Jeff. I thought I could hear a little bit of Wishbone Ash woven into the melody - what they might have done if they'd used Rics instead of a Strat and a V.

As for processing, it's very full and smooth sounding, with seemingly perfect tuning and not raw at all. That might be why it was taken as being over-processed

Archived