Hard Rock and Metal Focus Of New Behind The Music Remastered Season

GreatDane

• Members

from anti-music.com:

"VH1 Classic will kick off a new season of Behind The Music Remastered this weekend with a season focused on hard rock and metal bands.

This season will feature the premiere of two new episodes on Motorhead and Deep Purple. The network will also be airing digitally remastered and updated editions of Foreigner, Bad Company, Twisted Sister, Pantera, and Thin Lizzy episodes.

The season kicks off this Saturday March 16th with Music Remastered: Foreigner at 9 PM ET/PT. The network sent over the following details about each episode:

Behind The Music Remastered: Foreigner - Premieres Saturday, March 16th at 9 PM ET/PT - The band behind the rock classics "Hot Blooded", "Jukebox Hero" and the # 1 pop anthem, "I Wanna Know What Love Is", shine a light on their status as one of the most popular bands of the 70's and 80's. Foreigner sold over 37 million albums in North America alone, yet the strain caused from egos and life-threatening illnesses forced Mick Jones and Lou Gramm to go their separate ways. New updates include interviews with all of the current members of Foreigner, including ex-drummer Jason Bonham and the band's current singer, Kelly Hansen.

Behind The Music Remastered: Bad Company - Premieres Saturday, March 23rd at 9 PM ET/PT - Starting from the super group's formation all the way to theiruntimely demise, "Behind The Music" tells the story of Bad Company through their reign as being one of the biggest bands in the world. This edition features the band's reunion at the Sweden Rocks festival, the success of Paul Rodger's collaboration with Queen, and the death of founding member and bassist, Boz Burrell.

Behind The Music Remastered: Twisted Sister - Premieres Saturday, March 30th at 9 PM ET/PT - The cross dressing video pioneers who brought us "We're Not Going To Take It" and "I Wanna Rock" were on top of the world in the mid 80's, but fell from grace becoming the whipping boys for everything bad about rock-n-roll.Updates to the episode include their triumphant reunion for a New York 9/11tribute rock concert, their successful X rated Christmas album, and why they abandoned the make-up and continue to rock to this day.

Behind the Music Remastered: Pantera - Premieres Saturday, April 6th at 9 PM ET/PT - Pantera leaves behind a legacy of being perhaps the most important heavy metal band of the 90's. Long after the tragic on-stage murder of guitarist 'Dimebag' Darrell Abbott, their story lives on in this episode. New footage includes interviews with those who also lost loved ones on the tragic night Dime was murdered, as well as new interviews with Dime's widowed girlfriend, Rita Haney, bassist Rex Brown, and singer Phil Anselmo, who extends an olive branch of peach to Dime's brother, Vinnie Paul.

Behind The Music Remastered: Thin Lizzy - Premieres Saturday, April 13th at 9 PM ET/PT - Thin Lizzy may have never gotten the recognition they deserved in the US, but the Irish rockers have certainly left their mark in music history. "Behind The Music" captures the life and the untimely death of their charismatic singer, Phil Lynott, as well as the new additions to the group that followed. New additions to the episode also include the discovery of new recordings from the original Lynott lineup.

Behind The Music Remastered: Mot

• Members

These episodes would be better if they were on VH1, since VH1 Classic is only available in SD on DirecTV.  I thought the original Thin Lizzy one was very good, but I'm not sure what "updates" they'd add.  If I had to watch one other episode it would be Deep Purple ...

• Members

BydoEmpire wrote:

Of those I'd most like to see Motorhead - they're a band I've heard a bit of, obviously know their reputation and influence, but never owned any of their albums or followed them that closely.

Motorhead was playing in the background during a number of wonderful times in my life.  they're simple, fun, fast, wreckless rock.

• Members

JRicoC wrote:

These episodes would be better if they were on VH1, since VH1 Classic is only available in SD on DirecTV.  I thought the original Thin Lizzy one was very good, but I'm not sure what "updates" they'd add.  If I had to watch one other episode it would be
Deep Purple ...

+1

Archived